Bobo in here please :-)

OK how do I know if a boot is mp3 sourced, because I just got an e-mail from someone saying that 2 of my Megadeth shows were mp3 sourced :-( I have no idea how to tell the difference. I did do the frequency stuff on the boots as I put them up so it could be seen. I'm not intentionally sharing them, they were sent to me as real wav audio bootlegs and I don't have time to check everyone when it comes in, plus I have no idea what the hell I'm looking at anyways LOL. So it would help me greatly if I knew what to look for to advoid sharing anything the hub member do not want :)

MP

Roughly .....

If there is a cut at 16 kHz (like one of those Megadeth bootlegs) that's mp3 sourced. If you have cut at 16 kHz and frequencies are jumping between 16 kHz and 20 kHz that's mp3 (there is one thread about mp3 sourced bootlegs with similar analysis). Cut can be at 11 kHz for mp3s with less then 128 kpbs. Even lower (your second Megadeth bootleg).

If you have all freqeuncies above -80 to -100 dB it's not mp3 sourced.

For everything else ask.

Ok cool :) Bubba420 pointed me in the direction of a very informative web page with what mp3 and wav looks like so I think I kinda got a hand on it :)

MP

That's just a starting point .... You will learn by checking bootlegs.

98% is easy to tell, but other 2% is the problem.

Back