1 loose onion = 20p
1 green Bell Pepper = 68p
1 red Bell Pepper = 68p
1 Packet of baby sweetcorn = 99p
1 Pack of 8 Old El Paso Corn Tortillia's = £1.48
1 Mixed dip multipack (Salsa, Sour Cream, Houmous etc) = £2.29
1 Jar of Coriander = 68p
1 Jar of Cumin = 45p

= The princely sum of: £10.42. Which leaves just enough for a nice bottle of plonk to take you up to £15 in total :banana: :D :banana:

Ok so here's a pic of all the stuff i got:

I did cheat and use one thing that i didn't get at the supermarket which is some Soy sauce. So you may want to get some of that if you haven't got any. With any of these ingredients Ben, if you've already got the stuff (Veg or spices or whatever) then obviously you don't need to go and buy it :D

Ok now you are going to need to following things for preparing this ok:

1)Chopping Board
2)Good sharp kitchen knife
3)Several bowls or plates to put ingredients in to
4)Kitchen role, always comes in handy :D
5)Frying pan or Wok, not massive, but a mid to large size one
6)Cooking oil, Sunflower of Olive oil will do (That's not Popeye's 'Olive Oil' by the way :err:)
7)Tablespoon and a Tea spoon
8)Bin to chuck rubbish in to
9)Some hands and fingers to hold stuff
10)Pink Floyd 8)

Now for the prep and cooking :banana:

1) First its best to start with washing and rinsing the veggie bits, then begin chopping everything up that you are going to use. I tend to do all the veggie stuff first and then do the Chicken. This means you don't contaminate the veg you're chopping with the uncooked chicken :wink:

Firstly the onion, slice it in half, best if you slice it from pointy end to the bottom, rather than across the onion. Once chopped in half remove any loose or brown skin until you reach the nice fresh onion flesh. Now chop the top and bottom of each half of the onion:

Then you need to cut in to the onion as if you where slicing it in to strips. If you can don't cut quite all the way through the onion. Leaving this little bit at the end will make it easier to hold the onion when we do the last bit of chopping, take a look at this pic:

Ok, now rather than having the onion in long strips its easier to cook and fits in the tortillias if we dice it. So remember that end of the onion that we didn't cut all the way up to? Hold that end of the onion and cut across the cuts you made earlier, this should leave you with nicely sized diced onion bit/thingys :err:

Ta da !

Ok, finish off the other half of the onion in the same way, then place the diced onion in to a bowl and put it somewhere safe out of the way.

Now we head on to the peppers, i find the easiest way to do this is to cut the bottom of the pepper off and then stand it up. I then chopped or slice down from the top to the base. Once you've chopped down the 'sides' of the pepper, get rid of the seed stalk and seeds that you're left with, have a look at these pics:

Ok, as you can see, i chop or slice the pepper pieces in to strips, do that with both peppers. and put them in a seperate bowl from the onion. No we can tackle the sweetcorn, this is sooooo easy.

Get the baby sweetcorn out of the packet and on to the board. Chop the top and the tail (point end) off each sweetcorn and put then aside as we ca throw them away. Then chop them in to slices or segments, its as easy as that:

Now that's all your veg done, on to the chicken. I tend to run the hot tap and fill the sink a little with really hot water before i do the chicken. It just means you can wash your hands straight away after you've handled the chicken, very important to make sure you wash your hands properly!

Ok, open the pack of chicken, i only bought one pack of diced chicken breast, which will be plenty. Now its diced, but i sometimes think they leave the bits too large. I like to chop the chicken in to smaller pieces, this is also a good way to check what the chicken is like and if there are any hard muscle bits or anything like that you can just trim them off the chicken pieces :D

NOW WASH YOUR HANDS! :x

Ok, time to actually start cooking, put almost a full tablespoon of oil in the pan (1/2 to 2/3's will be fine).

Crank up the heat (If your hob markers go up to 10, have the heat on 8. If its a gas hob, have the flames up pretty high)and give the pan a few minutes to get nice and hot. Once its at a good high heat, bung the chopped onion in to the pan. Give the onion a few minutes to brown off, you'll notice the colour gradually turn towards a golden brown colour.

Ok, now is a good time to turn the heat down a bit. If the temperature marks on your hob go up to 10, and you've had it on 8 for the onions, take it down to a 3 or 4, or reduce the gas heat to a low to medium flame.

Now is the time to add a drop of Soy sauce. I reckon about 1/2 to 2/3'rds of a tablespoon would be about right:

This will help add a little flavour in to the onions and prepare the pan for the chicken, which is going in next. Another reason we have turned the heat down is to stop the chicken 'sticking' to the pan, which is a pain in the arse :|.

Let the onions mix with the soy for about 3 minutes, then add the Chicken in to the pan

Within a few minutes the chicken will begin to turn white and start to cook

Ok, once the chicken has been cooking at this low/medium heat for 5 minutes, its time to add some coriander and cumin to flavour the chicken. If we add the spice now before the chicken is totally cooked, it will seep in to the flesh of the chicken, lovely stuff :D

Add a heaped teaspoon of the coriander and then the cumin to the pan, sprinkle it over the chicken. Don't forget to stir the chicken around the pan a couple of times to make sure the heat gets to all the chicken pieces:

Ok, once the chicken has been cooking for another couple of minutes after adding the spice, crank the heat up again to high. This will help to make sure the chicken is properly cooked. You probably want to leave the heat on high for 4 to 5 minutes.

You may need to keep your eye's on the pan at this stage, if the chicken starts to stick add a tiny drop more oil. If you want to you can always add a drop more Soy sauce here, just for flaovour. Don't add too much though, as Soy sauce can be a little salty.

Ok, now we can think about bunging the veggies in. Before you do this turn the heat down to medium again. We want to cook the veg but we also want it to stay a little crunchy and crispy :D

Cook the veggies in the pan with the chicken for about 3 - 4 minutes. At this stage its a good idea to double check the chick has cooked. Take a larger bit of chicken out of the pan and cut it in two. If the meat is all white, its a good sign that all the chicken will be cooked through. If its a little pink that means the chicken needs a bit longer to cook properly. You can just chuck the bit of chicken back in to the pan :err:

Looks cooked to me, almost 'Tum-Tum Time' :D :banana: :D

Ok so everything should be cooked now, all you need to do is heat the tortillia's. I bunged then in the microwave for a minute and they were ready. I did find that the Old El Paso Tortillia's weren't overly thick, so don't put to much in them :wink:

Yum yum yum

And don't forget to wash all the cooking stuff up afterwards, especially the board you chopped the chicken on and the knife you used to do it.

Food done, Floyd on and Lady friend thinks you are the dope daddy 8)

You'll be ready to Blast of real big, just like Tim Westwood 8) 8) 8)

this post is a total legend LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

I love you Bocky, you're just a legendary man 8)

You did that just for Ben :shock: :shock: :shock:
Blimey I hope he gets his leg over after all the effort you put in there Bocky LOL

rockin_plumber said:
You did that just for Ben :shock: :shock: :shock:
Blimey I hope he gets his leg over after all the effort you put in there Bocky LOL
LMFAO LOL LOL

She went home about 20 minutes ago, we kind of didnt have dinner, I think if I get a second date I'll pull out the dinner card, we just sat talking for 2 hours, I just feel like I want to see her again now :oops: shes the real deal for sure, like I said to my mate on MSN..

Ben says:
I think its always been there
Ben says:
I dunno, but its 100000000000000000000x stronger than anything Ive ever felt for anyone else, its mad, when she went home I just stood in still for like a minute thinking "Wow", thats all I can think of

:oops:

Ben said:
She went home about 20 minutes ago, we kind of didnt have dinner, I think if I get a second date I'll pull out the dinner card, we just sat talking for 2 hours, I just feel like I want to see her again now :oops: shes the real deal for sure, like I said to my mate on MSN..

Ben says:
Ben says:
I dunno, but its 100000000000000000000x stronger than anything Ive ever felt for anyone else, its mad, when she went home I just stood in still for like a minute thinking "Wow", thats all I can think of

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Make sure when you do actually cook her dinner that you've got Judas Priests "Turbo Lover" playing in the background 8) :wink:

LOL

Only kidding, man its cool that you feel that way, just let it develop as and when :)

Ben said:

Ben says:
Ben says:

Awww that's really sweet :grouphug:

Ben said:

Ben says:
Ben says:

can you remember now how you thought your ancient 'girl' was the best LOL LOL

benny rocks :headbang:

and good luck man and don't forget to always have the condoms in your back pocket :D 8)

:grouphug:

I've got a very dusty one in my wallet, never know, I might get to use it* one day LOL

*and not blow it up at festivals

LOL

Ben said:
I've got a very dusty one in my wallet, never know, I might get to use it* one day LOL

*and not blow it up at festivals

LOL

:err: they go out of date you know

:err: You dont want any 'accidents' do you

rockin_plumber said:
:err: they go out of date you know

:err: You dont want any 'accidents' do you

This ones alright for 2 years :D

And LOL at Frenchy, like cream LOL LOL LOL

Back