Any discussion on the 2006 US Tour?

Well, wasn't intending to start a riot and was hoping someone could just help me a little research that I was conducting after a few colleagues and I were discussing when older musical groups try to ride their previous fame and put out new material what happens what are the reactions by the fans. Since I have always been a big fan of Maiden, I felt they fell into this category and was curious what the fans felt.

Thanks again.

afraidtoshooteddie said:
Actually, Mate, I agree with what the new guy said. I believe The new album does sound crap live. Mind you, I also believe it sounded crap in the studio. And I think it's a very 'big-headed' approach to not care what others think. Like I said ages ago, I have an interview on disc where Harris states 'It don't matter what we put out, our fans'll buy it anyway', which is true sadly. The band have realised that they are so big that they don't need to bother trying anymore, coz all the fanboys / girls will buy into 'Brand Maiden' regardless, (Metallica-St.Anger ring any bells?) .
So they couldn't be bothered to rehearse for a tour, so they just play all the tracks they've been knocking about in the studio with, (saves having to re-learn some older stuff eh?) and tag on a couple of other tracks on the end of the set just to make up the time, in a vain attempt to appease the fans and critics.

At least when Blaze was in the band they had to work a bit to keep the fans happy. How many Fan club conventions with the band have there been recently hmm? :|

Us lot can fuck off as long as they've got our money. :(

I was trying to point out that maiden don't give a shit what people think about them while the new guy said thats the only reason they played it all on the new tour, and I doubt maiden would have to relearn run to the hills, number of the beast etc. :|

maidenmaniac1 said:
I was trying to point out that maiden don't give a shit what people think about them while the new guy said thats the only reason they played it all on the new tour, and I doubt maiden would have to relearn run to the hills, number of the beast etc. :|

Show me, in any thread, where I've said that they should have included run to the hills / number of the beast etc, etc.

They aren't a 'one trick pony'. They have 15+ albums, now, of material that is available for them to pick from. Surely if they could be bothered they could have trimmed some of the toss from their set and put in something from any of those other albums. :|

afraidtoshooteddie said:
Show me, in any thread, where I've said that they should have included run to the hills / number of the beast etc, etc.

:|

:oops: I assumed when you said, it saves them having to learn the older stuff :oops: , yeah they could include material like Alexander the great.

maidenmaniac1 said:
:oops: I assumed when you said, it saves them having to learn the older stuff :oops: , yeah they could include material like Alexander the great.

Exactly, I'd like to hear Bruce sing 'Blood on the Worlds Hands' for example, And Harris could do the twiddly bass bit at the start and everything. I saw them play it 12 years ago and they've not played it since. They could get all theatrical and stuff, and it would've fit with the self destructive theme of the rest of the set.
Or 'Be quick.....' That's an ace pacey track , all spitting fire and stuff. That was like 14 years since they played that one live. 8)
Or 'Afraid to Shoot Strangers' too. 8)

i have to say that if they always play the same skeleton of songs usually, it's just the fan's fault that always do a state affair when they risk some new material :err:

I still think AMOLAD is one of the best albums they've ever done....I love every second of it :fist: Still listening to it as much as I did when it first came out, and it still blows me away :banana:
I am so glad they played it all, no way could I have chosen what songs to miss out if I was asked!
I'll never forget the 3 times I saw them. Great memories that i'll have forever 8) Good on them for trying something different :fist:
Just another thought....I think the cheering at the end of the new songs was quieter because people didn't seem sure when to....sort of started at the beginning of the ending (if that makes sense :err:) and carried on til the song had finished, but had lost the umpf by then....if that doesn't make sense it's due to lack of food, not alcohol LOL

I'll shut up now LOL

Ben said:
From what Fraidy told me, the crowd were just clapping out of respect, and not because they actually enjoyed the music :|

i know a lot of people who didn't act like that, and who had the best time of their life there

Back