a new best of

Frenchy

Rod Smallwood annouced a new best of available next May 12th :shock:

this best of corcerned the period 1980-1989 and the cover artwork is by Derek Riggs. What a nice one :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

but more money to spend :| And it will be available in a double picture disc :banana: :banana: :banana:

webversion.jpg

here is the tracklisting :D

1. Churchill Speech (0.49)
2. Aces High (4.36)
3. 2 Minutes To Midnight (6.00)
4. The Trooper (4.11)
5. Wasted Years (5.06)
6. Children Of The Damned (4.35)
7. The Number of The Beast (4.53)
8. Run To The Hills (3.53)
9. Phantom Of The Opera -- Live (7.21)
10. The Evil That Men Do (4.34)
11. Wrathchild -- Live (3.07)
12. Can I Play With Madness (3.31)
13. Powerslave (6.47)
14. Hallowed Be Thy Name (7.12)
15. Iron Maiden -- Live (4.50)

IMO it's a pretty lame idea....I mean...3 compilation albums in 6 years....WTF ????

Edward The Great, The Essential Iron Maiden and now this.... :? :?

it would be better to write some new songs and release an EP or something, rather than this.... :|

Screamy said:
IMO it's a pretty lame idea....I mean...3 compilation albums in 6 years....WTF ????

it would be better to write some new songs and release an EP or something, rather than this.... :|

you're right screamy, but as Rd told, it's to win all this new generation that will see maiden for the first time during one of their biggest stadium tour

Frenchy said:
you're right screamy, but as Rd told, it's to win all this new generation that will see maiden for the first time during one of their biggest stadium tour

I know man but any of those fans could easily go to the record store and buy himself powerslave,SIT,SSOASS or something else...I mean, nowdays it's not too difficult...

Screamy said:
I know man but any of those fans could easily go to the record store and buy himself powerslave,SIT,SSOASS or something else...I mean, nowdays it's not too difficult...

I know but companies built some ignorant guys that go easily on the best of coz they don't know anything and forgot that albums are better than best of :|

Screamy said:

Here's what Rod said :)

We are not trying to sell this to the legions of our well valued Maiden supporters who probably already have these 'tracks' (and no doubt the entire collection of albums!).

From the amount of tickets sold there are a lot of people coming to our shows this year who won't have seen us before, so this is intended for them as an introduction, similar to previoius ones of this nature. As with 'Edward the Great' we will arrange for the front and back cd artwork to be available for you to print free nearer the release date so, if you want, you can have them for your collections .

I still think they should change their politics a little bit, compilation album ever 2-3 year is a bit over the top...at least for me...

sorry guys

Screamy said:
I still think they should change their politics a little bit, compilation album ever 2-3 year is a bit over the top...at least for me...

sorry guys

they have to pay the gas oil for the plane LOL LOL

wicky said:
Here's what Rod said :)

We are not trying to sell this to the legions of our well valued Maiden supporters who probably already have these 'tracks' (and no doubt the entire collection of albums!).

From the amount of tickets sold there are a lot of people coming to our shows this year who won't have seen us before, so this is intended for them as an introduction, similar to previoius ones of this nature. As with 'Edward the Great' we will arrange for the front and back cd artwork to be available for you to print free nearer the release date so, if you want, you can have them for your collections .

That's a load of poo.

You know, I know, and the band know, that most of their fans are devoted enough to buy it anyway, just to fill a collection.
You even heard that interview I played to you where Steve said 'I'm not concerned, our fans'll buy whatever we put out'.
I couldn't stand their last album but I bought it anyway coz my collection wouldn't be complete without it.

Yeah I know ... but nobody forces anyone to buy them, I haven't got the essential or edward, cos i've already got the songs.

wicky said:
Yeah I know ... but nobody forces anyone to buy them, I haven't got the essential or edward, cos i've already got the songs.

:withstupid: ...........

Hang on....... I might have Edward :? dunno......

It cost £2.99 I think LOL

wicky said:

how can u be quiet in your head then :shock: :?

http://www.maiden-world.com/live/Somewhere_Back_In_Time

MP3 Download

The album will be available for download on the IronMaiden.com homepage for free, however it will be DRM encrypted and will no longer function after three plays. After these three plays, if you try to play it again you will be recommended to buy a DRM-free version digitally.

I guess that will draw in a lot of new fans.

those digital downloads and all that stuff will destroy music industry...

I mean...mp3 selling is biggest pile of crap that I ever heard in my life...

LONG LIVE CD'S!!!!!!!

sorry about offtopic....

Screamy said:

LONG LIVE CD'S!!!!!!!

sorry about offtopic....

:withstupid:

Screamy said:

LONG LIVE CD'S!!!!!!!

sorry about offtopic....

:withstupid:

Back