Aces High
Powerslave
Trooper
Running Free
-------------------
Iron Maiden
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Alexander The Great
WOW - great minds think alike. Any setlist with Long Distance Runner has me jumping up and down. Sea of Madness! Oh yes. did I see Deja Vu? Are you clairvoyant? you read my mind. Are you me? Running Free could go. replace with Alexander The Great. done! where to buy tix?

MaidenPN said:
Sigh. Disappointed.

I was hoping for something like this..

Caught Somewhere in Time
Sea of Madness
2 Minutes to Midnight
Powerslave
Deja Vu
Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Clairvoyant
Heaven Can Wait
The Loneliness of a Long Distance Runner
Evil That Men Do
-------------------
Aces High
Powerslave
Trooper
Running Free
-------------------
Iron Maiden
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Alexander The Great

you just have to erase Deja vu and Heaven can wait and your setlist could be perfect prevost :wink:

Frenchy said:
you just have to erase Deja vu and Heaven can wait and your setlist could be perfect prevost :wink:
That was actually MaidenPN's setlist. all credit goes to him. All Rights Reserved, etc...

Iron Up!

yeah, if they are going to have the giant Eddie cyborg then add some more obscure somewhere in time (SIT) tracks. its kinda like they are a little distant from that era of their production. Oh well, you did it, now do it again. Steve is all about these themes and such so run with it. SIT was my first metal cassette, it all started there back in 88 for me.

Somewhere in Philadelphia had some good representation but Adrian messed up the backing chorus to one of those songs, cant remember which SIT song.

Does it say "TEXAS" on the back on the SIT cd? to the right of the pyramid?

Are they just using the one eddie in this show? Instead of the usual 2 (1x Walk-on and 1x Iron Maiden Backdrop animated eddie)?

I just saw the fan filmed footage from Perth and Melbourne on you tube and in both cases it's just the walking Eddie that show's up during the title track. :|

afraidtoshooteddie said:
Are they just using the one eddie in this show? Instead of the usual 2 (1x Walk-on and 1x Iron Maiden Backdrop animated eddie)?

I just saw the fan filmed footage from Perth and Melbourne on you tube and in both cases it's just the walking Eddie that show's up during the title track. :|
I'm pretty sure I read that they couldn't get the backdrop Eddie on the plane but it will be there for the 2nd and 3rd legs

I might be wrong though :err:

I was listening to the Live after Death version of Rime of the Ancient Mariner and that got me excited for the March 16th show in Toronto..

altho I was really looking forward to Caught Somewhere in Time, Alexander the Great and Evil that Men Do..
if it were up to me, I'd take out all of the "Early Days" songs, and just stick with Powerslave, Somewhere in Time, and Seventh Son.
but yeah it'd probably look just like MaidenPN's setlist, except i'd put Alexander the Great in Running Free's spot.
then the third encore would be Moonchild, Seventh Son, and end the concert with Only the Good Die Young.

The encore's pretty cool with Moonchild, wish they'd consider Alexander the Great...have a middle of the set....Rime, 7th Son & Alexander...now that would be something different from the norm...Bloody CIPWM...AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

3.14.08. show

Caught show in New Jersey @ Izod Centre last night... no B.S. - I've
only seen them four times but I can tell you that this is the absolute BEST
they have sounded in the times I've seen them. Unmatched in terms of sound quality and musicianship. Below is set list. Mostly in order...

Transylvania (Tape played during opening video montage)
Churchill's Speech
Aces High
Two Minutes To Midnight
Revelations
The Trooper
Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Powerslave
Wasted Years
Number of the Beast
The Lumberjack Song (kidding)
Heaven Can Wait
Run to the hills
Can I Play With Madness
The Clairvoyant
Iron Maiden
Moonchild
Fear of the Dark
Hallowed Be Thy Name

Well O.K. maybe the order is somewhat skewed, but hey....

looks like a damn good setlist

if i went to a show and saw this setlist, i wouldn't be dissapointed

i wish they wouldv'e played wrathchild instead of moonchild

Yeah, I definitely wasn't disapppointed... But, y'know... there's always
one or two ya wish they would blow the dust off of. Die With Your Boots On
comes to mind. Oh, yeah, and Stranger in a Strange Land.

wickerdan said:
Yeah, I definitely wasn't disapppointed... But, y'know... there's always
one or two ya wish they would blow the dust off of. Die With Your Boots On
comes to mind. Oh, yeah, and Stranger in a Strange Land.

totally, taht would be awesome

wicky said:
Looks like this is it :D

Intro - Churchills Speech
1. Aces High
2. 2 minutes to midnight
3. Revelations
4. Trooper
5. Wasted Years
6. Number of the Beast
7. Run to the hills
8. Rime of the ancient mariner
9. Powerslave
10. Heaven can wait
11. Can I Play with madness
12. Fear of the Dark
13. Iron Maiden

+

14. Moonchild
15. Clairvoyant
16. Hallowed be thy name

Let the moaning begin ......
just one thing concerns me.... what the hell is Fear of the Dark doing there? its only 80's :shock:

Can I Play With Madness used to be one of my favourites but it bores me now and I find the repetitive descending guitar riff after "...crystal ball" to be most irritating. So I'd ditch that AND Running Free, which I've never rated. There are plenty of absolute corkers to replace those with! Other than those and the fact Fear Of The Dark is in there, bizarrely, I reckon it's a cracking setlist. Can't wait for the live album and DVD!

Flight of Icarus would be intense 8)

I dont think Brucey could handle the high notes in it, though :(

I was totally psyched with anything from 7SOA7S, which I feel has always been a terribly underrated album, but I feel you with "Can I Play..."

I was also truly stoked to see "Terminator-Ed" during IM.

Ben said:
Flight of Icarus would be intense 8)

I dont think Brucey could handle the high notes in it, though :(
Flight of Icarus isnt harder to sing than Aces High! if you watch Live after Death Aces High you will notice Bruce resting his voice it goes so high.

Back