2003-08-02 - Centre Bell, Montreal, Canada (review)

BigJer

2003-08-02 - Centre Bell, Montreal, Canada (Clansmen In Montreal)

Setlist and track times:

CD 1

1. The Number Of The Beast - 5:07
2. The Trooper - 4:03
3. Die With Your Boots On - 5:14
4. Revelations - 6:55
5. Hallowed Be Thy Name - 7:57
6. Crowd 1 - 2:28
7. Wildest Dreams - 4:22
8. The Wicker Man - 4:42
9. The Clansman - 12:21
10. The Claivoyant - 4:39

CD 2

1. Heavan Can Wait - 8:01
2. Fear Of The Dark - 7:32
3. Iron Maiden - 4:50
4. Crowd 2 - 1:52
5. 2 Minutes To Midnight - 6:25
6. Run To The Hills - 4:22

Quality:

I'm not an expert to evaluate the quality, so I leave it to someone else.

Rants and speeches:

1. At the beginning of Die With Your Boots On:

"If you gonna die, if you gonna die. Die With Your Boots On. Scream for me Montreal! Scream fo me Montreal!" (0:21)

2. At the beginning of Revelations:

In french: "Bonsoir, nous avons un, un petit euh, un petit histoire ce soir, un histoire de les années dépassées et une histoire de le futur. Nous jouons pour vous un album, non, un nouveau chanson de le nouveau album qui est en septembre, c'est dans le futur. Maintenant, Égypte ancien, l'écriture de, particulier anglais, monsieur Hariston Crowley, Revelations" (0:50)

Translation: "Good evening, we have a, a small huh, a small story this evening, a story of the past years and a story of the furur. We play for you an album, no, a new song of the new album released in September, about the futur. Now, ancient, writing of, partucular English, Mister Hariston Crowley, Revelations."

3. During Crowd 1:

In French: "Il y a de bons concerts de Iron Maiden, peut-être. Nous avons un concert en États-Unis à Madison Square Garden, New Yrok. Oui? C'est un bon concert, très bon concert. Mais, il y a les autres, les autres concerts, il y a le vrai concert... Hey!" (2:28)

Translation: "The ate good shows of Iron Maiden, maybe. We had a show in United States at Madison Sqare Garden, New York. Yes? It was a good show, very good show. But, there are the others, the other shows, there is the real show... Hey!"

4. At the beginning of Wildest Dreams:

In French: "Hey bien! Il est nécessaire de laisser jouer la musique. Oui? Nous avons un nouveau album. Septembre, il arrive ici, au Canada, au Québec. Le titre c'est Dance Of Death. Pour vous, nous jouons un second nouveau chanson, le premier chanson de l'abum, Wildest Dreams.Hey!" (0:41)

Translation: "Well! It is necessary to leave us playing the music. yes? We have a new album. September, it arrives here, in Canada, in Quebec. The title is Dance Of Death. For you, we play a second new song [in fact, it is the first, the only one new song they played...], the first song of the album, Wildest Dreams."

5. At the beginning of The Clansman:

In French: "C'est compliqué. Petit histoire médiéval, maintenant. Un histoire au sujet de la liberté. Il y a une différence, liberté et choix. Quand vous écoutez le radio dans quelque pays dans le monde, vous avez beaucoup, beaucoup de liberté, mais pas de choix. Et vous, ce soir, et pour les années dépassées, vous avez un choix, avec la musique vous faisez un choix. Et la liberté, il n'est pas dans le radio, il n'est pas dans le maison de la presse. La liberté, pour les hommes et les jeunes filles de métal c'est dans la coeur. Et pour nous ici ce soir, après 25 années d'existence, pour nous, notre raison d'être ici ce soir c'est vous. Un petit histoire médiéval au sujet de la liverté. Pour vous, The Clansman." (3:12)

Translation: It is complicated. Litle medieval story, now. A story about liberty. There is a difference between liberty and choice. We you listen to radio in any country of the World, you have very, very liberty, but no choice. You, this evening, and for the past years, you make a choice, you make a choice with mucic. Liberty is not in the radio, it is not in the press. Liberty, for men an young women of metal is in the heart. For us here this evening, after 25 years of existence, we are here this evening for you. A litle medieval story about liberty. For you, The Clansman."

6. At the beginning Of Fear Of The Dark:

"A night, a night in the dark, oh just to Fear Of The Dark." (0:12)

7. At The beginning of Iron Maiden:

"Screm for em Montréal! Scream for me Montréal! The Iron Maiden." (0:09)

8. At the end of Iron Maiden:

In French: "Salut Montréal." (0:02)

Translation: "Goodbye Montreal"

9. AT the beginning of 2 Minutes To Mignight:

In French: "C'est pas mal ce soir. Oui? Je pense. Je vous introduire monsieur Yanik Gers guitare, monsieur Dave Murray guitare, Adrian Smith guitare, sur la battery, monsieur Nicko McBrain, sur la basse, monsieur Steve Harris. Mainteant, Quelle heure est-il? C'est ça. Sream for me Montréal! Sream for me Montréal!" (1:08)

Translation: "It is good this evening. Yes? I think. I want to presnt to you Mister Yanik Gers guitar, Mister Dave Murray guitar, on the drums, Mister Nicko McBrain, on the bass, Mister Steve Harris. Now, what time is it? It is... Sream for me Montréal! Sream for me Montréal!"

10. AT the end of Run To The Hills:

In French: "Bonne nuit Québec, merci Montréal." (0:04)

Translation: "Good night Quebec, thank you Montreal."

Back