16/6 Greece v Spain 1700 Portuguese Time

Venue: Bessa stadium, Porto
Date/time: Wed, 16 June, 1700 BST
Referee: Lubos Michel (Slovakia)

Live on MOTD, 1645, BBC1
Streaming radio from Five Live http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/fivelive.shtml

Greece:Nikopolidis. Seitaridis, Dellas, Basinas, Kapsis, Fyssas, Giannakopoulos, Karagounis, Zagorakis, Vryzas, Charisteas.

Karagounis and Seitaridis were both not fit to train but are probably fit to play.
The teams not confirmed yet, and probably won't til the last minute,

Coach : Otto Rehhagel

Spain:Casillas;, Puyol, Marchena, Helguera, Bravo, Albelda, Alonso, Etxeberria, Gonzalez, Rodriguez, Morientes.

Baraja and Morientis out, Saez and Alonso in.
Joaquin may be out with an ankle injury.

Coach : Inaki Saez

History
7 games, 5 won by Spain, 1 win by Greece, 1 draw.

Tony's Tip
Greece 1, Spain 2

So it's Portugal or Spain. If we beat England we will be second and play with the first from this group. Greece? :D

The Greeks are always underestimated!

Joaquin what a menace! Spain dominated Greece for sure but the result is good for me!

:D

Of course it's good for you. Portgal has to beat Spain and you have to lose against Russia with a greater goal difference then Spain to not qualify.

Ha! Another person underestimating the Balkans. It's great to always be the heavy underdog isn't it BoBo?

Sorry 'Arry I mean no disrespect heheheh

Ahhh isn't Euro great

MaidenMA said:
Ha! Another person underestimating the Balkans. It's great to always be the heavy underdog isn't it BoBo?

Sorry 'Arry I mean no disrespect heheheh

Ahhh isn't Euro great
hmm....players from balkans are highly talented-without any doubt. but did you ever wonder why did greece get good team only when they brough GERMAN coach......discipline man discipline and hard work....we croats could use some as well

Back