15/6 Czech Rep 2 Latvia 1 [RESULT IN]

Venue: Aveiro Municipal, Aveiro
Date/time: Tue, 15 June, 1700 BST
Referee: Gilles Veissiere (France)

Shown in Englandon ITV1, 4:30 PM
Streaming radio from Five Live http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/fivelive.shtml

Czech Republic: Cech, Jankulovski, Ujfalusi, Bolf, Grygera, Nedved, Rosicky, Galasek, Poborsky, Baros, Koller

Milan Baros has recovered from an ankle injury.

Coach : Karel Bruckner

Latvia: Kolinko, Isakovs, Stepanovs, Zemlinskis, Blagonadezdins, Bleidelis, Astafjevs, Pahars, Rubins, Verpakovskis, Prohorenkov

Latvia will probably be sticking to a 4-4-2 formation. Marian Pahars is likely to play but it is unclear wether he has recovered from a thigh injury.

Coach : Aleksandrs Starkovs

History
The only match was in 1937 between Czechoslovakia and Latvia. Czechoslovakia won 4-0 in a match not recongised by the Latvians.

Tonys Tip - and let's face it, they're clearly worthless
Czech Rep 1, Latvia 1

czech 4
latvia 1

and tony. a little tip czech republic have one of the best teams in the tournament. midfield line nedved-galasek-poborsky-rosicky is IMO best in europe. baros and especially JAN KOLLER are excellent strikers, cech is a good goalie. and their defence is solid

Re: Czech Rep v Latvia 1700 BST/Portuguese Time

Eh, Tony, Tony. Czechs worthless? One of the favorites for the title.

2-0

MaidenMadness said:
if that was pointed to my post i have to say that my post wasn't meant to make fun of tony's predictions

Yeah well, they're based on form etc...

But as Bobo pointed out, guessings not easy... games can't be predicted.

it was a good game though. good football played by both teams. latvia showed they are a good team. they played really well. they might pass to the secund round if they play every game like today. i think we all underestimated them

Back