information, information

In the 1870s, the city of Liege, in Belgium, tried to get 37 cats to deliver mail. The cats did whatever they wanted instead and the city realized that idea wasn't going anywhere.

In the 1860s this French-Italian dude named J.B. Toselli designed these awesome train coffee makers. They really made coffee, the wheels rolled, and the coffee brewing part had filters and safety valves and all that. Only a small number of them were made so they're rare collectibles.

traincoffeemaker.jpg

traincoffeemaker3.jpg

traincoffeemaker2.jpg

Recordings by Elton John, Nirvana and Thousands More Lost in Fire

:oops: This happened 11 years ago but the company covered it up until now.

"The flames eventually reached Building 6197, known as the video vault, which housed videotapes, film reels and, crucially, a library of master sound recordings owned by Universal Music Group.

Almost all of the master recordings stored in the vault were destroyed in the fire, including those produced by some of the most famous musicians since the 1940s.

In a confidential report in 2009, Universal Music Group estimated the loss at about 500,000 song titles.

The list of artists affected spans decades of popular music. It includes recordings by Ray Charles, B.B. King, the Four Tops, Joan Baez, Neil Diamond, Sonny and Cher, Joni Mitchell, Cat Stevens, Gladys Knight and the Pips, Al Green, Elton John, Eric Clapton, Jimmy Buffett, the Eagles, Aerosmith, Rufus and Chaka Khan, Barry White, Patti LaBelle, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, the Police, Sting, Steve Earle, R.E.M., Janet Jackson, Guns N’ Roses, Mary J. Blige, No Doubt, Nine Inch Nails, Snoop Dogg, Nirvana, Beck, Sheryl Crow, Tupac Shakur, Eminem, 50 Cent and the Roots."

We had the great unwashed descend on our city making their way to Stonehenge :mad: :mad: :mad:
And they'll probably be hanging around for a few days :confused:
I'm liking your post because I really enjoy your usage of the phrase "great unwashed". :cool:

It sucks that they're all hanging around but they should be gone soon o_O

Here's the recipe for the peanut butter cookies I made recently. They were a hit dancingbanana.gifdancingbanana.gifdancingbanana.gif

• 1 and 1/2 cups (190 grams) all purpose flour (spoon it into the measuring cup and level off with a knife instead of scooping)
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup (115 grams) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
  • 3/4 cup (150 grams) light brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup (50 grams) granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup (190 grams) creamy peanut butter
  • 1 large egg, room temperature
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3 tablespoons (40 grams) granulated sugar (optional)

To get your eggs and butter at room temperature, just take them out of the fridge half an hour before you start. It keeps the cookies from spreading too much while baking.

The recipe also recommends that when you measure the flour, spoon it into the measuring cup and level off the excess with a knife. Scooping with the measuring cup straight out of the flour could make the cookies have too much flour.

I skipped the step where you roll the dough balls in sugar. They were great without it :cool:
  • Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease two large baking sheets, or line with parchment paper/silicone baking mats.
  • In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
  • In another large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until well combined.
  • Add in the peanut butter and continue mixing until well combined, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Mix in the egg and vanilla extract until fully combined. Slowly add in the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
  • Using about two tablespoons of cookie dough or a two tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop the dough from the bowl and roll into a ball. An optional step here is to roll the dough ball in granulated sugar.
  • Place each ball of cookie dough on the baking sheets. Gently press down with a fork on the top of each cookie to make a small criss-cross pattern.
  • Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes or until the tops are set. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5-10 minutes, then carefully transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.

Recipe is from here: https://www.livewellbakeoften.com/soft-peanut-butter-cookies/

The recipe for the brownies I made a couple weeks back. They're very thick and fudgy :cool:

There's an option to include espresso powder. I don't care for coffee, don't even have any, and so I did not use it. anorak.png

Ingredients
  • 1 cup butter
  • 2 1/4 cups sugar
  • 4 large eggs
  • 1 1/4 cups cocoa powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

• I teaspoon espresso powder (optional)

Instructions
  1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9x13 baking dish.
  2. In small saucepan over low heat, melt butter completely. Stir in sugar and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly. Do not allow sugar mixture to boil.
  3. Pour butter mixture into a large bowl or stand mixer, and cool for 2 minutes. Beat in cocoa powder, eggs, salt, baking powder, espresso powder, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
  4. Stir in the flour and chocolate chips until well combined.
  5. Spread into prepared pan (batter will be very thick and sticky) and bake for about 30 minutes, until a tester comes out mostly clean. The edges should be set and the center should still look slightly moist, but not uncooked. Cool on a wire rack.

It's from this website: https://www.bunsinmyoven.com/good-ol-homemade-brownies/

Metallica recently covered one of Celtic Frost's songs at a gig and the frontman from Celtic Frost wishes they hadn't.

“They butchered it, and it was humiliating. Why don’t they leave their millionaire fingers off it? They’ve long lost the ability to play true metal in my opinion. Maybe I should go onstage and do a really miserable version of [Metallica’s] ‘Hit the Lights’ with, like, 200 mistakes to set the balance.” eddiebeer.gif

CELTIC FROST Frontman Wishes METALLICA Had Left "Their Millionaire Fingers" Off His Song

Back