Trade Site Available

BoBo said:
Click on "i" button on the "Files list" page.

LOL LOL LOL

Its yours. Must be good then :D

Have a few probs with it at the moment tho. Just tested a track I know is MP3 and a track from an official release (obviously not MP3) and both are giving the same results?????????????????????????

Or is it a case of just because there are gaps in the tracks does not mean they are MP3

BoBo said:
That sounds ok.

Let me get this right then:

If it has clicks/gaps between tracks that is NOT a sign of MP3

MP3 can be smooth between tracks

Click/gaps are caused by something else (bad mixing/burning or whatever)

Only way to tell MP3 is using a program like yours?

People who ask me to check for clicks/gaps as a sign of MP3 are talking s**t

get my email from my site but remember to fix it first. i don't want to type it publicly and on my site it's scrambled enough.
you can send me either wav samples (10-15 sec) or images from hat - learn how to use it :wink:

And just a short answer to your last post:
clicks can be generated by stupidity or burners. I know that by old burner created nasty clicks when i recorded at more than 16x!!! It may also be a problem with software, discs, hardware etc etc - it's very hard to pinpoint one specific cause.
If a gig is mp3 it doesn't mean it has to have clicks - imagine a transfer from tape that was compressed and then split into tracks (yes, it happened)
Hearing mp3 - don't be fooled, there may be a few signs that point to mp3 but i have shows that sound like mp3 yet when you look at spectrum analysis they are fine, also what i said before: how do you recognize between mp3 and md compression just by listening??? I'd like somebody to explain that by listening to el paso 2003 gig LOL

AGuyFromNY said:
get my email from my site but remember to fix it first. i don't want to type it publicly and on my site it's scrambled enough.
you can send me either wav samples (10-15 sec) or images from hat - learn how to use it :wink:

E-mail sent with images.

Let me know

Iron Paddy said:
Let me get this right then:

If it has clicks/gaps between tracks that is NOT a sign of MP3

MP3 can be smooth between tracks

Click/gaps are caused by something else (bad mixing/burning or whatever)

Only way to tell MP3 is using a program like yours?

People who ask me to check for clicks/gaps as a sign of MP3 are talking s**t

Mp3s have gaps at the end. When you listen them you will hear short gaps. When you convert them to WAV you will see gaps at the end of wave form.

But when you want to burn mp3s directly to audio CD, burning software has option to remove those gaps before burning and you will never notice them when you listen CD. But CD will be mp3 sourced.

Someone may even edit WAV files (converted mp3s) to remove gaps. So using gap detection method to check for mp3s is wrong.

BTW Mp3 detection is not so easy. In 95% of cases it is easy to tell, but those other 5% are hard to tell. :) And some are impossible to judge.

BoBo said:
Mp3s have gaps at the end. When you listen them you will hear short gaps. When you convert them to WAV you will see gaps at the end of wave form.

But when you want to burn mp3s directly to audio CD, burning software has option to remove those gaps before burning and you will never notice them when you listen CD. But CD will be mp3 sourced.

Someone may even edit WAV files (converted mp3s) to remove gaps. So using gap detection method to check for mp3s is wrong.

BTW Mp3 detection is not so easy. In 95% of cases it is easy to tell, but those other 5% are hard to tell. :) And some are impossible to judge.

So overall

This is a kin bloody nightmare :?

Yes. LOL

Just kidding. Test your version and check in concert section on MWL is there image with freq. analysis I did. You can compare them. More bootlegs you check you will be more familiar with freq. analysis.

I've checked your website.

Some say clicks/gaps between tracks is an obvious sign
Others say the track has to be analysed to find out

Here is the example why you get gaps between tracks beside mp3s. Every second of CD audio has 44100 samples. One sample consist of two amplitude values for left and right channel. Problem with audio CDs is that they can't mark the begining and/or the end of tracks by sample number. They do it by sectors. One sector is 588 samples or 1/75 of the second (44100/75=588).

Burning software might burn no aligned tracks one after other and you wont hear difference. If number of samples in your tracks is not multiple of 588, your tracks will not start at the same positions as original, but you wont notice difference because it's less then 1/75 of the second.

Other thing burning software can do is aligning tracks to sectors while burning. If track is not multiple of 588 it will add silence at the track end. That is the short gap you will notice. 20-30% of Maiden bootlegs had those gaps nevertheless they were not mp3.

There is read/write offsets issue with CD/DVD recorders because of which you will not find those gaps right at the end of the track, but shifted to the next track.

BoBo said:
I've checked your website.

Some say clicks/gaps between tracks is an obvious sign
Others say the track has to be analysed to find out

Here is the example why you get gaps between tracks beside mp3s. Every second of CD audio has 44100 samples. One sample consist of two amplitude values for left and right channel. Problem with audio CDs is that they can't mark the begining and/or the end of tracks by sample number. They do it by sectors. One sector is 588 samples or 1/75 of the second (44100/75=588).

Burning software might burn no aligned tracks one after other and you wont hear difference. If number of samples in your tracks is not multiple of 588, your tracks will not start at the same positions as original, but you wont notice difference because it's less then 1/75 of the second.

Other thing burning software can do is aligning tracks to sectors while burning. If track is not multiple of 588 it will add silence at the track end. That is the short gap you will notice. 20-30% of Maiden bootlegs had those gaps nevertheless they were not mp3.

There is read/write offsets issue with CD/DVD recorders because of which you will not find those gaps right at the end of the track, but shifted to the next track.

:|

Thanks for that. It sort of makes sense. You seem to know your stuff. Don't mind if I post this on my site for future trader reference

MetalPrincess639 said:
Yeah if I send it to someone, I don't say that you wrote it. :D Usually no one asks.

For program too. There is about box if someone is interested.

I think he means for that text about gaps.

Back