Trade Site Available

Iron Paddy

Anyone interested in a trade please visit

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/ironpaddy

I trade internationally and have approx 150/200 gigs.

I am interested in Maiden/Bruce/Blaze that I haven't already got.

I don't have 1000 rules, just a few guidelines to ensure everything goes smoothly.

If interested then please e-mail me thru the site

AGuyFromNY said:
fix links to your shows.
replace '\' with a '/'

do you know how to check for mp3?

Just checked links and all seem ok to me. Which show(s) didn't appear? I tested about 10 and all worked ok

On the MP3 note - most MP3 sourced gigs have clicks/gaps between tracks. This is how I can check them for you. However people are getting better with these. Apparently shows that are MP3 need not have gaps!!!!

If you are interested in a trade then I will listen to shows for you and let you know if there are gaps/clicks.

Checking for gaps to see is something mp3 or not is wrong method. Very inaccurate. Many non-mp3 bootlegs have gaps between tracks because tracks were not aligned to sector boundaries.

interesting, when i look at your site with IE everything works fine but firefox shows links like this: .../Maidenboots\la85.htm
so i have to copy link and change \ to /

Anyway, bobo is right don't think that just because there are clicks the gig is mp3 sourced, also don't believe people who say they can 'hear' MP3 - that's just not right. I wonder if they can hear MD compression as well LOL

I decided to be a real asshole when it comes to mp3 - that's because i'm replacing my mp3 stuff and i don't really see any reason to replace mp3 copy with another mp3 copy (or incomplete). :roll:

If you want i can trade you for your Manchester 90. And from your incoming: Largo 85, Hanley 86, London 98 when you get them. If you are not sure if something is mp3 just send a 10-15 second wav fragment from middle of any song to me and i'll check that myself.

Iron Paddy said:
Just checked links and all seem ok to me. Which show(s) didn't appear? I tested about 10 and all worked ok

On the MP3 note - most MP3 sourced gigs have clicks/gaps between tracks. This is how I can check them for you. However people are getting better with these. Apparently shows that are MP3 need not have gaps!!!!

If you are interested in a trade then I will listen to shows for you and let you know if there are gaps/clicks.
i am an amateur at this but as far as i know mp3 sourced boots have cuts in freqency analysis depending on kbs
for example i think that 92kbps have cut at 12khz
you can check freqency analysis in lets say cool edit pro
but if youre going to check it remeber dont rip it to mp3 format and then check for it :D:D:D

AGuyFromNY said:
interesting, when i look at your site with IE everything works fine but firefox shows links like this: .../Maidenboots\la85.htm

Anyway, bobo is right don't think that just because there are clicks the gig is mp3 sourced, also don't believe people who say they can 'hear' MP3 - that's just not right. I wonder if they can hear MD compression as well LOL

I decided to be a real asshole when it comes to mp3 - that's because i'm replacing my mp3 stuff and i don't really see any reason to replace mp3 copy with another mp3 copy (or incomplete). :roll:

If you want i can trade you for your Manchester 90. And from your incoming: Largo 85, Hanley 86, London 98 when you get them. If you are not sure if something is mp3 just send a 10-15 second wav fragment from middle of any song to me and i'll check that myself.

I'll send you samples when I get them in. Should be within next day or 2.

I'll take a look at your list and come back to you

MaidenMadness said:
i am an amateur at this but as far as i know mp3 sourced boots have cuts in freqency analysis depending on kbs
for example i think that 92kbps have cut at 12khz
you can check freqency analysis in lets say cool edit pro
but if youre going to check it remeber dont rip it to mp3 format and then check for it :D:D:D

Can I get Cool Edit Pro downloaded from somewhere?

AGuyFromNY said:

I have same problem with FireFox.

Iron Paddy said:
I'll send you samples when I get them in. Should be within next day or 2.

I'll take a look at your list and come back to you

Thanks to someone at the Maiden BB I now have in my posession a program to check for MP3.

Once I get the shows in (and work out how to use the new toy) I'll let you know if they are MP3 sourced or not

AGuyFromNY said:
HAT :err:
Paddy if you want send me pictures instead, they will do fine.

No prob. Could do with a second opinion to make sure I'm doing it right LOL

I'll e-mail samples later today

Back