set list tour 2006

I have to say that the idea to play the whole new cd in its entrietly last night in Toronto is the worst mistake Iron Maiden ever made!
Everyone I talked to at the show was so pissed off because of that and most of us including my wife and I wont go see them again !
If Maiden wants to lose their fans then they should keep playing the shows for themselves or Bruces ego or whatever they want, they arent good enough any more to keep fans happy with songs most havent even heard yet.
setlist was
A Matter Of Life & Death (70 minutes or so?)
Fear Of The Dark
Iron Maiden
The Evil That Men Do
thats it ! then for encores
2 Minutes To Midnight
Hallowed Be Thy Name
something like that I cant remember because I was so dissappointed when I left and I have been a big Maiden fan for 20 years...what a waysted year last night was driving 2 hours to see that....and hear garbled lyrics to the new songs that all sounded the exact same...there was a guy who flew from Vancouver to be there and he was pissed off as well ....
Nothing from Piece Of Mind? 1 song from Beast? No Number of the Beast or Run To The Hills ? 1 from the first album? nothing from Killers ? its too bad things could have been better if they played some of the really good material or cant Bruce sing it anymore? ...
people were literally sleeping in their seats until they played Fear Of The Dark .....they should know better...

Detroit Show

The set list consisted of the new album and the same worn five songs listed above.

I took five guys from work that were mild fans and my daughter to her first concert.

After the eighth or ninth new song, we were hoping for some classics.

I've been a Maiden fan for 20 years and even saw the band when they played a local bar back in '95 with Blaze...

Nothing like turning off the young crowd that was taken by us old guys...

My daughter took "RTTH" to school in first grade for music appreciation. Too bad she couldn't hear something close for her first concert.

Stroke your egos on your own time.

I wanted to see a Maiden concert, Not a Pink Floyd Tribute to ourselves...

Next tour they can play the new stuff for all the " johnny come latelys" because I won't waste my $220 bucks for the show/shirt/parking/beer...

I'll be happier listening to Paschendale/Wickerman/Mercenary/Tailgunner/DOD/powerslave/anything older in my garage with a case of beer then that crap again.

AMOLAD isn't classic and only has a handfull of songs that could be if they put on a show worth seeing again.

I'm a newbie and pissed off so take it for what it's worth.

I've seen better over the last 20 years....

Re: Detroit Show

Its funny you brought up the Pink Floyd reference I thought the same thing....what the hell does Maiden think they are Pink Floyd part 2 now?
write a whole cd about war that happened 60 years ago and devote your whole concerts to just that album or cd?
I dont like the idea at all...I have never seen a band play a whole new cd in its entirety unless it was their very first cd !!!!!!!!!!!!11

emaidendetroit said:
The set list consisted of the new album and the same worn five songs listed above.

I took five guys from work that were mild fans and my daughter to her first concert.

After the eighth or ninth new song, we were hoping for some classics.

I've been a Maiden fan for 20 years and even saw the band when they played a local bar back in '95 with Blaze...

Nothing like turning off the young crowd that was taken by us old guys...

My daughter took "RTTH" to school in first grade for music appreciation. Too bad she couldn't hear something close for her first concert.

Stroke your egos on your own time.

I wanted to see a Maiden concert, Not a Pink Floyd Tribute to ourselves...

Next tour they can play the new stuff for all the " johnny come latelys" because I won't waste my $220 bucks for the show/shirt/parking/beer...

I'll be happier listening to Paschendale/Wickerman/Mercenary/Tailgunner/DOD/powerslave/anything older in my garage with a case of beer then that crap again.

AMOLAD isn't classic and only has a handfull of songs that could be if they put on a show worth seeing again.

I'm a newbie and pissed off so take it for what it's worth.

I've seen better over the last 20 years....

Metallica played the totallity of the Master of Puppets album this summer.

Dream Theater did it ith the same album, and played Dark Side entirely, and played The Number of the Beast album too.

Sure it's not new albums but then.

I'm an old Maiden fan and saw Maiden 15 times. Their new album is really amazing and I think it's very courageous. I have a friend that decided that he won't go to see this new tour (b4 to know aboot the surprise setlist) coz he was bored to hear always the same songs with just 3 or 4 new songs. (Now, he's eating his balls LOL :grouphug:).

btw I can understand that sucks for those that never seen Maiden before. But they had to wake up earlier LOL . My son just saw Maiden 2 times and really enjoy to see this new tour and to hear all the album, even if he is young, he can understand that.

Can you imagine to play and touring with your band for 25 years and play old songs so many times :shock: . And don't forget, they will play old stuff next year and did it last year 8)

Just one thing. For what they do for this new tour and hope they won't change anything for Europe :

Thanx for that Maiden :fist:

Congrats for your courage :fist:

Great to see a band (an old one) with some balls :fist:

And to have respect for the old fans that already saw them many times :fist:

Why didn't they do that for the SSOTSS :D

:fist:

:clansman:

Being an auld git that has been lucky enough to have seen Maiden live more times than they have actually toured :? and being a normally loyal fan of Eddie and the Boys, I have to admit being glad that the Glasgow gig was sold out before I managed to get a ticket.

Sure Ah've seen an heard the "classic" tracks played over and over... but thats why I go to see Maiden live. After the sheer brilliance of Dance of Death the new album is a HUGE disappointment. Where has the passion and power that the boys had seemed to have rediscovered with DOD gone?
I keep playing AMOLAD in the hope that I'll suddenly "get it" but on the whole it just leaves me feeling cold and empty, for me it's a return to the form of Virus and that is definately not a compliment.

For such a great band they don't half have some crap songs :(

To have paid £32.50 for that track list.... I would have been gutted.

scotth_1320 said:
Being an auld git that has been lucky enough to have seen Maiden live more times than they have actually toured :? and being a normally loyal fan of Eddie and the Boys, I have to admit being glad that the Glasgow gig was sold out before I managed to get a ticket.

Sure Ah've seen an heard the "classic" tracks played over and over... but thats why I go to see Maiden live. After the sheer brilliance of Dance of Death the new album is a HUGE disappointment. Where has the passion and power that the boys had seemed to have rediscovered with DOD gone?
I keep playing AMOLAD in the hope that I'll suddenly "get it" but on the whole it just leaves me feeling cold and empty, for me it's a return to the form of Virus and that is definately not a compliment.

For such a great band they don't half have some crap songs :(

To have paid £32.50 for that track list.... I would have been gutted.

Well said Sir. (Someone with sense 8) ) Welcome to the Board :banana:

I saw the boys on monday in Cardiff, they were the dogs bollox. F***in awesome, the crowd went beserk :suck: LOL . Yes, they played the whole of AMLOD, Yes, some people moaned (not many).
But this a brilliant album and at the end of the day they are promoting it on tour. I have seen maiden loads of times the first in 1985 on the WST.
They keep evolving . Do people want them to stagnate and live in the past?.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion but that was the best £32.50 I have spent in many a long year, fuck yeah.
set list
DIFFERENT WORLD
THESE COLOURS DONT RUN
BRIGHTER THAN A 1000 SUNS
THE PILGRIM
lONGEST DAY
OUT OF THE SHADOWS
ROBB
FOR THE GREATER GOOD OF GOD
LORD OF LIGHT
THE LEGACY
FEAR OF THE DARK
IRON MAIDEN

2 MINS TO MIDNIGHT
THE EVIL THAT MEN DO
HALLOWED BE THY NAME

wHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS SET?? :? :? :x

englishexile said:
I saw the boys on monday in Cardiff, they were the dogs bollox. F***in awesome, the crowd went beserk :suck: LOL . Yes, they played the whole of AMLOD, Yes, some people moaned (not many).
But this a brilliant album and at the end of the day they are promoting it on tour. I have seen maiden loads of times the first in 1985 on the WST.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion but that was the best £32.50 I have spent in many a long year, fuck yeah.
set list
DIFFERENT WORLD
THESE COLOURS DONT RUN
THE PILGRIM
lONGEST DAY
OUT OF THE SHADOWS
ROBB
LORD OF LIGHT
THE LEGACY
FEAR OF THE DARK
IRON MAIDEN

2 MINS TO MIDNIGHT
THE EVIL THAT MEN DO
HALLOWED BE THY NAME

you man, i love you :shock: :shock: :shock:

you said all that i think :shock: :shock:

are you send by god :shock: :shock:

you have to reeceive the crown of the biggest fan :headbang:

englishexile said:
set list
DIFFERENT WORLD
THESE COLOURS DONT RUN
THE PILGRIM
lONGEST DAY
OUT OF THE SHADOWS
ROBB
LORD OF LIGHT
THE LEGACY
FEAR OF THE DARK
IRON MAIDEN

2 MINS TO MIDNIGHT
THE EVIL THAT MEN DO
HALLOWED BE THY NAME

Great post :banana: It was a brilliant night! :banana:

englishexile said:

It's self indulgent toss. :|

The band looked uninterested in Cardiff, and there was larger number of fans leaving early at this show than at any other Maiden show I've ever been to.

As I said to Ben earlier, If Maiden do indeed play Donington next year, as was hinted, they need to sort themselves out. Either that or there will doubtless be a hail of piss bottles and carrier bags full of sick launched at the stage. :|

You know what they say opinions are like arseholes...... LOL
BTW it wont be donington it will be reading at Leeds a far bigger and more deserving stage for the boys :suck:

englishexile said:
You know what they say opinions are like arseholes...... LOL
BTW it wont be donington it will be reading at Leeds a far bigger and more deserving stage for the boys :suck:

there is some news about Wacken (even if official band list hab been diffused), a big festival in Finland and maybe the Hellfest (the new big festival in France : Le Mans with Immortal, Dimmu Borgir and Brutal Truth) :shock:

I didn't think much of the setlist when it first came out but now i've kind of gotten more into the new album i've realised that it will be great. :banana: :banana: :banana: UP THE IRONS

i personally loved the setlist. sure, everyones heard the classics from the '80s that they play every show, but i was glad to see the songs they might never pay again. also, if they play number of the beast and the trooper for the millionth time, they wont be happy playing it (which is why they probably dropped them) so if they're not happy, they wont put their all into playing them. with these new songs, they get to play new ones that they do enjoy playing and that i think kick ass :metal:

as for the tards out there online who are surprised with the setlist, its the MOLAD tour, crazy as it sounds, they just might play songs off the MOFAD album

IMO, I think alot of the fans who are saying "OMG ITS GREAT" are trying to convince themselves its a good setlist.

Deep down, theyre dissapointed they arent playing NOTB, Trooper etc.

Just my two cents :|

"
Ben said:
IMO, I think alot of the fans who are saying "OMG ITS GREAT" are trying to convince themselves its a good setlist.

Deep down, theyre dissapointed they arent playing NOTB, Trooper etc.

Just my two cents :|

Well you might be right Ben i suppose. I've got to be honest and say for me, having listened to the band since 1982, I've got pretty bored of hearing The Number Of The Beast and The Trooper time and time again on every tour.

But its only an opinion and it doesn't mean i think those tracks or a lot of the older material is rubbish. For me its just been nice to listen to some new stuff for a change :)

Back