set list tour 2006

I am looking forward to it, seeing everyone again and some new faces will be awesome :D

That setlist blows. :x

Sixxy's trying to decide whether to sell her ticket, give it away, or keep it as an unused memento. :|

Any other band who play a whole album at a gig, they at least pick a good album. One that people have had time to get used to. A classic.
Take Dio for instance, On his 'Holy Diver live' tour, you knew what you were buying into. If you don't like Holy Diver, don't buy the ticket.
The same with other bands who have tried this format.

With this Iron Maiden tour, Tickets went onsale before the album was recorded. I bought the tickets thinking 'I like Maiden, Who cares if the new album sux, They'll only play a 4 or maybe 5 tracks from it and then go back to stuff that I know and like.'
But no :x I don't like the new album very much at the moment, and now , Not only do I have a ticket for Cardiff, but I also wasted a small fortune on BRUCE AIR, not to mention not really wanting to waste air-fare to Dublin now, Passes or not.

It's like Ben said. Almost all the tracks sound the same. There is nothing exciting on the album. The songs aren't Bad per se, they just aren't stunning enough to warrant making a whole gig out of 'em.

They have a broad enough back catalogue to choose from. They could have put other songs into the setlist without interferring with their next middle years tour. That's a weak excuse for not putting other songs in the set. :|

I just wish they'ed done this differently.

That's my :2c: . Feel free to shoot me down. :roll:

Metallica did it with Master of Puppets, and thats one of the greatest metal albums ever made..Anthrax did it wit Among The Living..again one of the greatest thrash albums ever, Slayer did it with Reign In Blood, then blood rained at the end..Dream Theater did it with Scenes From A Memory..

And lets face it, all those albums are way more special than A Matter Of Life And Death :| the only awesome thing about the album is the artwork :|

Lets face it, Maiden passed it last year when they went on Ozzfe$t.

And another thing, I paid about 50 fucking quid for this ticket, and I've not even bought AMOLAD yet..that album isnt worth that much :| I go to see Iron Maiden live, I want to see some old skool classics, none of this long 'epic' bass intros which drag on forever. Arghhh :x :|

the setlist is ok... but i dont know if all these tracks work as good live
i wish they'd play materiall off Blaze era.... futureal, clansman....

you know its only the first gig. they usually change the setlist after a few shows

I'm glad that they are playing whole album live. album is great, it's not conceptual but it's not far away from that.
I hope you'll change you're opinion after concert. this new songs are born to be played live :banana:

The Clansman said:
you know its only the first gig. they usually change the setlist after a few shows

I don't think that they'll change anything this time
If they have to change something, hope it will be 2 minutes to midnight :wink:

Ben said:
May aswell throw my money down the toilet :|

:withstupid:

I'll be in cardiff..may even go to the gig..but i'll be in the bar until the last half hour :x

Waste of money! I could have cried this morning... i go to gigs cause i like the music, whats the point in going if i don't like whats being played?!

I love Maiden..but think this is a really bad choice of a set list, roll on the next tour!

:( I think it's great, brave of them to do it and these songs were made to be played live! I'm still listening to the album at least once a day, and loving it more each time :banana:
I hope you'll enjoy it anyway :grouphug:
If you don't go to dublin can I have your passes pretty pretty please :err:

Something Else .....

Maiden have actually had Tours completely DEDICATED TO OLD MATERIAL. 3 :|

Give Me Ed Till I'm Dead
Ed Hunter
Early Days

Would the same people be complaining...
If they only played a couple of new songs...
And it would be
Oh no not Wrathchild, Trooper, NOTB, HBTN, RTTH again :|

rockin_plumber said:
Something Else .....

Maiden have actually had Tours completely DEDICATED TO OLD MATERIAL. 3 :|

Give Me Ed Till I'm Dead
Ed Hunter
Early Days

Would the same people be complaining...
If they only played a couple of new songs...
And it would be
Oh no not Wrathchild, Trooper, NOTB, HBTN, RTTH again :|

Frenchy said:

I take it then, that if you and Rockin' are tired of hearing the old songs, then you won't be going to the Early days pt2/middle years/whatever they wanna call it tour then? :|

The point is, If i wanna hear the whole of the new album with lots of shouting whooping and whistling in the background, I can put it on at home when the kids are around. :|

I wanna go to an Iron maiden show. Playing Iron fucking maiden songs. The ones that we all bought over the years to get them to the comfortable state they find themselves in now.
I fully expect to hear songs from the new album.
Just not all of 'em. I don't like the new album. but it was a bit fucking late, since i bought the fucking ticket before the album was recorded.

They have done other songs than RTTH, TNOB, the trooper, wrathchild etc. They don't have to put those songs in the setlist, and that's not what i'm after. They have 14+albums of material to source from. Better albums than this one :|
What about The prisoner? What about Charlotte the Harlot? What about the Mercenary? What about Monsegeur? What about Mother Russia?
Some of these tracks haven't seen a live stage in years, some have never seen one. What was wrong with dropping some of the AMOLAD tracks and putting some of those in?

I know it's the AMOLAD tour and therefore, as i said earlier I expect them to play tracks from that album, but I think it's a bit premature playing the whole thing live before it's had a chance to cement it's place in history.

Wicky said somewhere that on the IMOC about 90-95% of those who went to see the new show's said how 'cool' they were.
Have you compared that to the number of people who are being called C*nts and F*gs and 'not true fans' for daring to say that they didn't enjoy the shows?
Wicky has been to my house, and seen my collection, The rest of you may have seen the pics i posted in a thread somewhere of my stuff, and I'll wager that there are maybe just a few people on here who are more committed to Iron maiden than me. I'm not a C*nt or a f*g and I like to believe that fans don't come much truer than me. But I am NOT looking foreward to this tour.

I hope they can prove me wrong. :|

afraidtoshooteddie said:
I hope they can prove me wrong. :|
I hope they can too :wink:

"Have you compared that to the number of people who are being called C*nts and F*gs and 'not true fans' for daring to say that they didn't enjoy the shows?" ...... In the tour section there's only been 2 or 3 that have really been called anything, that's because they've done nothing but post the same thing over and over again and their way with words left a lot to be desired :| I've not looked on the free forum though, too many 10 year olds on there :err:

What I did say is that there are loads of people who at first thought the same way as you, but since either seeing or hearing the show they have totally changed their minds, I really hope you do :wink: And lets face it, if they did drop a few of the new songs, what's the chance of them replacing them with rarely played songs? You could pretty much bet on the fact it would be RTTH, TNOB, The Trooper, Wrathchild again ...I know i'd prefer to hear new songs than those yet again!

I know Maiden have got loads of songs to choose from, but we had Early days last year and we'll have the Golden years soon :banana:

I think they are proud of AMOLAD and want to showcase it, and I think they are showing a lot of balls in doing that. There are a lot of fans who think it's the best they've done in years. I really hope it grows on you :)

afraidtoshooteddie said:
Frenchy said:

I take it then, that if you and Rockin' are tired of hearing the old songs, then you won't be going to the Early days pt2/middle years/whatever they wanna call it tour then? :|

for sure i will go there fraidy :shock:
but i know why i will go there, to listen to some old stuff, from Powerslave and important, some stuff from SIT and SSOASS :banana: :banana: :banana:

I like to hear some old stuff on stage for sure, but excuse me but where is the pleasure to hear another time the trooper 8) and TNOTB :|

and in the new tour, you will hear 5 old songs :wink:

on golden years tour we are going to listen songs from that 4 albums, but now some of us wanna hear whole new album.
maiden cold do this before.
don't you think that it would be better for them that they were playing whole BNW? or dod? or any other album?
there's always enough time to hear some clasic songs. they didn't played FOTD for almost 1.5 year. now, it's great to see it again on set list.
they didn't played trooper on somewhere on tour, and they played it on dod. who knows what are athey thinking about, but I trust them and they don't wanna make bad concert, that's for sure :wink:

I know I'm bringing this crap up again, but I was just reading another forum, and some random woman brought up a good point.

She is taking her son to his first Iron Maiden gig, She has been waiting 20 years to go to one too, She was looking forward to hearing the 'classics' being played in front of her for her and her son's first time.
That's gone up in smoke now. :|

afraidtoshooteddie said:
I know I'm bringing this crap up again, but I was just reading another forum, and some random woman brought up a good point.

She is taking her son to his first Iron Maiden gig, She has been waiting 20 years to go to one too, She was looking forward to hearing the 'classics' being played in front of her for her and her son's first time.
That's gone up in smoke now. :|

They could hear some classics next tour :err:

:| :| :|
I really hope they have changed it by the time they play the british leg of the tour, all the songs are great but how can they put songs like ROBB over the trooper :shock: and I would really would like to see paschendale on there too. The dnace of death tour was great but this one only has 5 classics on it whereas dance of death had 10, maybe they've just got bored with playing them but i'm not going to deny that this setlist has greatly disapointed me :cry:

Back