set list tour 2006

Ben said:
IMO, I think alot of the fans who are saying "OMG ITS GREAT" are trying to convince themselves its a good setlist.

Deep down, theyre dissapointed they arent playing NOTB, Trooper etc.

Just my two cents :|
Like Bocky said it made a great change not to hear those again, it's not like they won't play them again, and I can honestly say that I didn't think about the "missing" songs once through the 3 gigs I saw.

I certainly haven't had to convince myself it's a great setlist, the first time I heard the album I said to mr wicky "how the hell are they going to choose what to play, they'd all be great live :? " And they were even greater live than I thought they'd be :shock:

The only thing I wasn't totally happy with was the sound in Cardiff, but from what Rod has said in his diaries neither was the band....

What I don't understand is that, not too long ago, people were whining that Maiden leaned too heavily on new material for there set-lists.
Now, they do a setlist full of new tracks and all of a sudden, it's the best shit they've ever done :?

Bockaaarck said:
"

Well you might be right Ben i suppose. I've got to be honest and say for me, having listened to the band since 1982, I've got pretty bored of hearing The Number Of The Beast and The Trooper time and time again on every tour.

But its only an opinion and it doesn't mean i think those tracks or a lot of the older material is rubbish. For me its just been nice to listen to some new stuff for a change :)

:withstupid: i've only seen them once :( but it was nice to hear some new stuff that i havent been drooling over on the vinyl, its probably better too cuz at the time i was a little burnt out on the old stuff

i just think its everyone's opinion and what they think. there is no sucky setlist or awesome set list, its just what you think

Back