now thinking

Maybe I'm too old.....
But hang about...
I wasn't back then....
That was like 26 years ago!!

But maybe I was old... I was like... DOUBLE TG's age then :(

I'll try not to get too long winded on you, but NIN (specifically Trent Reznor) are all about artistic integrity and uncompromising vision. It takes balls to execute on something you believe in, even if everyone around you is telling you not to, or if it means you'll lose a tonne of money.

Their music is difficult, abrasive, uncomfortable and overflowing with energy and rage, and discovering them as a young 15 year old changed how I viewed music as an art form, as well as opening me up to electronic music as a whole. They kind of changed everything for me.

For most people, that band is Radiohead. For me, it's Nine Inch Nails.
Unfortunately, they didn't make as much of a lasting impact here as they did in the States, but they're still around and arguably making the most creative and varied music of their career.

I'm not trying to convince you to like them, just trying to explain the appeal. I am borderline obsessed with Nine Inch Nails. I even went to Leeds Festival 2013 on my own to watch them play for 45 minutes in a non-headlining slot, just in case they wouldn't be back to the UK any time soon. Try convincing any non-fan friends to travel that far and spend that much for 45 minutes of a band they only know exists because of you. Hence, the solo effort. This was after a four year hiatus and I never thought I'd get to see them. I had to go, even though everyone thought I was crazy for doing so. It was an absolute dream come true after waiting seven long years to see my favourite band live.

They then announced a UK tour, including a gig in Glasgow, the following week...

Worth it.

Maybe I'm too old.....
But hang about...
I wasn't back then....
That was like 26 years ago!!

But maybe I was old... I was like... DOUBLE TG's age then :(
:grouphug: You got to experience all the good music growing up. Starting around the late 90s, the music scene was this shitty arid wasteland for the longest time.

Maybe I shouldn't have left the cooker turned on....
And then put my dinner plate on it...
It kinda just shattered and scared the shit out of me :eek:

Now thinking that it's a sad state of affairs when finishing work at 11pm is considered an "early" finish. Bar work is brutal haha.

Back