Server Problem

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
The people who run the hosting the board is on have screwed up and restored their entire server from a backup on Saturday. Needless to say this is extremely aggrevating for me, since I've been battling with host problems since 8:00am Monday so far.

I'll see if I can obtain a backup thats newer, but its looking doubtful at this time. I dont really know what to say.. we've lost around 20 users and probably over 200 posts (not to mention 24hr of downtime which has probably cost us some users who were visiting).

:|

i wnder what's my number of posts now...........

i shall post a message to see so thatr i don't have to search through the page

Just to make matters worse, this whole process seems not to have solved the problem of the pages being very slow and timing out.

These kind of problems are detracting from actually *running* the site, since it makes me feel like crap when people lose stuff they've posted.

As an aside, theres no backups I can find more recent than 15th, so we're out of luck.

MaidenMadness said:
why don't you change web page host?

Its hard to explain in detail, but basically we get an incredible deal. Obviously if these kind of downtime and data loss issues continue to be a problem I'm going to have to consider hard, but really the whole deal is that good that I'm prepared to overlook their actions so far.

(I'm referring to the people who run the actual server, not the exceptional reseller I deal through, just for reference).

Back