Rules - only way out or the cause of all problems?

MaidenMadness

right. we all live in coutrys which have millions of rules. and lets look at the world that this world is? how many people get killed, how many wars are started cause of this
are humans by nature so primitive and illogical that they need other group of people telling them what to do if they want to survive or is this system of laws against the nature? can world peace come out of system with no laws, no boundaries, no goverments or would that place turn into a pure replica of the world we all saw in post apocalyptic movies, video games, series, books.....
what are your opnions?
i think that laws go against everyting that is in human nature. we all are animals and as such we inherited animal instincts from our predaccesors
and very often we find the laws preventing us from doing something that is in our very nature. we are not allowed to be what we are by nature
however there are so many past wounds between so many nations on the world that no one can say with certainty that no laws would bring a safe and stable enviroment cause no politics would mean no wars between nations. it is also very likely that the sudden enviroment of no laws would only lead some people into a frenzy where they would express violently all of the frustrations and anger accumulated over the years in them

the final conclusion would be that after some tranzition period and getting used to the new system with no laws people would be much happier but their security would also be in more of a danger than it already is
plus no laws would i think lead to bigger damaging of earth's enviroment by multinational companies, it would create a perfect enviroment where the companies could exploit their workers and practically turn them into slaves
so as much of flaws this current world has i think its still better than the alternative

:bananadance: correct! without laws any old chav could napalm your car and get away with it. in a way religion is a rule (which is one big conspiracy by the government to help uphold rules with the threat of being eternally damned) thou shalt not steal, a rule no?
u could be killed opn the spot, it would be survival of the fitest. society has evolved to this structure, and lately has had a glitch in the system because people don't want to follow rules... fine... you do what you wannt but remember other people can do what they want especially if they're bigger than you...

manic said:
(which is one big conspiracy by the government to help uphold rules with the threat of being eternally damned) thou shalt not steal, a rule no?

No, those were laws of human moral, more then "God" telling us what to do.
suggestions, really.
manic said:
u could be killed opn the spot, it would be survival of the fitest. society has evolved to this structure, and lately has had a glitch in the system because people don't want to follow rules... fine... you do what you wannt but remember other people can do what they want especially if they're bigger than you...

No, that's survival of the most money and the biggest gun. Just the way it is now.

And if you really get right down to it; anarchy would just start the entire man food chain all over again, right back to who was the head cave man, the heading right back up to the head office manager.

Rockhardchick666 said:
And if you really get right down to it; anarchy would just start the entire man food chain all over again, right back to who was the head cave man, the heading right back up to the head office manager.
thats called societies evolution. people prefer rules, thats why we adapted to this way... get it?

Rockhardchick666 said:
not neccesarily
you know when we started off as cavemen we started evolving into society governed by rules
now its the only type of social structure we know
what if he had tried to develop into society where one wouldn't need rules cause he would know how to live decently and in peace with the rest on the humans. working together for the good of mankind. you think its not possible?
look at lets say uk and us two major nations that are working together for achieve their mutual goals without any greater rules to their relationships other than the ones they set themselves
if us and uk can do that why couldn't the rest of humanity

manic said:
thats called societies evolution. people prefer rules, thats why we adapted to this way... get it?

yes, thats what the people like, how is it going to change?

and if anarchy broke out, we'd still have some sort of government anyways.

MaidenMadness said:
look at lets say uk and us two major nations that are working together for achieve their mutual goals without any greater rules to their relationships other than the ones they set themselves
if us and uk can do that why couldn't the rest of humanity

UK and US have a mutual agrement not to kill each other. That's all I saw of it.

and wont we always have power hungry people. All animals do.

Rockhardchick666 said:
yes, thats what the people like, how is it going to change?

and if anarchy broke out, we'd still have some sort of government anyways.
have you not noticed this system has had its problems all the time, it used to be stricter. murder = be-headilisation years ago. now you just get put in prison. over time crimes have got worse and punishment has slowly deteriated.

manic said:
have you not noticed this system has had its problems all the time, it used to be stricter. murder = be-headilisation years ago. now you just get put in prison. over time crimes have got worse and punishment has slowly deteriated.
thats cause of the "wonderful" democracy and humanity where everybody has the same rights. someone can kill your entire family, rape your mother anyways you get it and he will have some rights like the right to live
no one gives a fuck about the rights of those that suffered
YEAH bring on democracy!

MaidenMadness said:
thats cause of the "wonderful" democracy and humanity where everybody has the same rights. someone can kill your entire family, rape your mother anyways you get it and he will have some rights like the right to live
YEAH bring on democracy!
yeah, all this moral shit, is opposite to rights. some one killed someone close to you, would you follow the law and forget about, or would you do the moral thing and equal it out

manic said:
yeah, all this moral shit, is opposite to rights. some one killed someone close to you, would you follow the law and forget about, or would you do the moral thing and equal it out

so it wouldn't be survival of the fittest for you?

Rockhardchick666 said:
so it wouldn't be survival of the fittest for you?
this is were law screws up :p of course i would kill someone... even if they killed someone close to me :err:

manic said:
this is were law screws up :p of course i would kill someone... even if they killed someone close to me :err:

that would be your head that screws up not the law, what would make you take another man's life?

Rockhardchick666 said:
that would be your head that screws up not the law, what would make you take another man's life?
ive already said if they take someone dear to you, they deserve it, if on the terms of murder

MaidenMadness said:
someone can kill your entire family, rape your mother anyways you get it and he will have some rights like the right to live
YEAH bring on democracy!

Humans feel both, compassion and desire for revenge.
Democracy promotes first one, second is in human nature (first aswell). So what happens? The law determinates penalties (for example - murder).

But let's look at the big picture. Take a look at the other side of this so-called "democracy".
The killer (someone can kill your entire family, rape your mother) does the work (kills). You end up paying taxes wich povide him nice and calm life in the jail. Is it just me, or are we "rewarding" the killer in a way? You kill my mother, I'll put you in jail but also pay your life expenses for the rest of your (and my) life ... So where's democracy in that?

MaidenMadness said:
what if he had tried to develop into society where one wouldn't need rules cause he would know how to live decently and in peace with the rest on the humans. working together for the good of mankind. you think its not possible?

definetely not possible.
why?
Because wanting to be the first, the best and the LEADER is in human nature. You can't change that. There will always be at least one rebell, at leats one man who wants to have controll, to have bigger right(s) than the others.

Wanting this kinda society is great, yet uthopistic. What you want to achieve is idealistic, can't be formed in real life. Again, why? You wrote about society of brainwashed slaves which is ran by international companies (...), you also said you're against that. But the kind of society you want would be possible only if that condition is fulfilled.

The only way people can live in that kind of society is the one explained in A. Huxleys "Brave New World" . And even there existed one rebell.

And there always will.

btw... anarchy also ain't the solution, i'll write about it some other day, gotta go pass the exam now ;) LOL

Back