NEC '88 review

7thsonof7thson

this was recorded at the NEC in 11-27-88.
the sound is a excelent soundboard recording.

CD1

moonchild: starts out slow with the seven deadly sins thing then accelerates into the heavy rocker it is. damn good opening song! crowd insane. 4/5

the evil that men do: this is in my opinion the song of 7th son that during this period sounds most like it does on album, as we all know bruce had some serious throat problems during this tour and his voice was not on top. the vocals is the onlything bothering me a litle bit othersie perfect! 4.5/5

the prisoner: on this song you hear even more clearly that bruce voice is not as good as it was a few years ago, allthrough its good preformed by the band. 3/5

still life: here bruce actually manages to sing very good even if his voice is hurt. good as hell! 4.5/5

die with your boots on: as we get deeper into the gig bruce vocals actually improves alot. here he sounds almost as good (imo) as on the older bootlegs. 4/5

small note: as you see im not mentioning the intreumentals very much and thats becouse they are just sososososos tight! there is nothing ot say more then that.

infinite dreams: bruce sings the first mellow lines well but then when he is going for the higher tunes it dont just dont works. pitty as this song is so 'kin cool! 3.5/5

killers: the screams in the intro sounds good, maby a litle bit weaker then usual but nothing big. as there is no really high vocal tunes in this one it sounds pretty much as it should, and that is great. 4/5

can i play with madness: this song is imo no live song at all, i dont think it works out very well with the chorus where both bruce,adrian and steve is singing. 3/5

CD2

heaven can wait: one of the absolute crowd fav's. this one works suppricingly good, the only thing that is lacking a bit is the vocals in the chorus but over all good! 4.5/5

wasted years: a 'kin amazing live version of this 'kin amazing song. it is so so sad that bruce sounded like he did, the high tunes just dont work. otherwise great! 4/5

the clairvoyant: good preformance but now bruce vocals are going back to the way they were in the begining of the gig, like on moonchild so you cant really enjoy this as much as it could be enjoyed. 3.5/5

Seventh son of a seventh son: as the vocals dont do a very big part of this song i think this is the best song on the bootleg, dont get me wrong i LOVE bruce vocals but not during this period. and i mean the live sound then, on the cd they are the best vocals he has ever done. anyway back to the song. the instrumental section that makes about ½ of the song is just 'kin great! not one note played wrong! absolutly amazing, best song on this boot! 5/5

the number of the beast: unfortunatly not as good as usualy 'cos of vocals 3/5.

hallowed be thy name: i get so damn sad every time i hear this one. its the best song they have ever done but the vocals on this one is HORRIBLE, i really feel sorry for brucie (but on the other hand he sounds better now then ever so :) ) but this aint as good as it can be. 3/5

iron maiden: sounds ok, not one of my personal favs but its good preformed. 3/5

Overall rating: 4/5 it is the best bootleg from the 7th son era but it could have been a 5/5 if it was not for the vocals. the set list is a pure killer!

Back