Maiden Rotterdam report

BadApple

My report of the Rotterdam gig 13 th of december 2003.

After a couple of hours waiting the doors finally went open. We were in the front row so we could almost touch the bandmembers. First there was the Funeral of a friend show. Didn't like it at all. After about 40 minutes they were finished and everybody was shouting when there flag was taken off which was pretty funny.
Finally the moment arrived. Maiden on the stage. 'Scream for me Rotterdam!!' Awesome!! Setlist was the same as the rest of the tour. Pity that Bruce's mic wasn't 100% so we could barely here him sing. When the band wanted to start Journeyman they had to wait cause some fucker threw a glas of beer at Janick and it got all over the wires. During the song another glas was throwed at Steve. Bruce was not amused and shouted 'fucker' in the middle of the song.
But the rest of the show was great, especially the Eddie-reaper, and the band thanked the audience (except that one or two assholes). I even managed to catch a plectrum from Janick :eek: .
Great evening which left me with a anoying beep in the ears.
Up the Irons!!

Yes it was fucked up, during the whole encore you couldnt hear any drums anymore..and I think you could only hear one guitar.
The fucker who threw it was caught by the security I think, I heard rumours that he had been beaten by some TRUE maiden fans and that his nose had been broken.

anyway.. it was a nice gig but I still hate the sound of this venue. I also had some fucked up seats instead of arena tickets.
I preferred the gig in Belgium (Leuven) where I was front row ..holy shit !!!

WORLD PIECE ED said:
Yes it was fucked up, during the whole encore you couldnt hear any drums anymore..and I think you could only hear one guitar.
The fucker who threw it was caught by the security I think, I heard rumours that he had been beaten by some TRUE maiden fans and that his nose had been broken.

good for him

Back