is it legal to download maiden boots?

IronLord

Could someone tell me whether it's totally legal to share AND download maiden boots in Soulseek or DC? If it is, then how do you know?

Is that answer all the "official unofficial maiden bootleg hub" has to offer? I thought you would be able to provide a proper answer, since you run a bootleg hub.

i don't run anything. besides, with regard to your question, existence of the hub seems to be self explanatory doesn't it?

It's gray zone of the law, but Iron Maiden BB has trading section where people can trade bootlegs. That means Maiden and their managment is ok with that.

BoBo said:
It's gray zone of the law, but Iron Maiden BB has trading section where people can trade bootlegs. That means Maiden and their managment is ok with that.

Yes, i woul have given the same answer.

Decades ago a judge ruled in the USA that its legal to purchase,own,and trade bootlegs. It is illegal to sell them.

Granted that was 30 years ago (long before MP3's and file sharing), but I would say since the material has never been released by the band or the record label that holds the rights then it is still legal. Thats just my personal view.

If I am not mistaken, Bruce himself stated in a recent Swedish concert, something to the effect, that if your bootleging this. Don't just share it with your friends but share it with the world. That in my opinion is an "official" greenlight to share Maiden boots. :)

Blackpanther said:
If I am not mistaken, Bruce himself stated in a recent Swedish concert, something to the effect, that if your bootleging this. Don't just share it with your friends but share it with the world. That in my opinion is an "official" greenlight to share Maiden boots. :)

No it's not, as long as I don't see an official statement from Maiden/Sanctuary/EMI, it is illegal!!

Blackpanther said:
during a concert in zagreb(well velike gorica but who gives a fuck) in 2003(gmetid tour) before playing wildest dreams bruce said:
We have got a new album. We do we made it its all ready to go. September its released here in Croatia and its called the Dance of death. We're gonna play you a new song from it now all right to give....to give you an idea what it sounds like. Ahh any of you wanna record this song or take pictures of it and use your mobile phone send it to a friend, put on the internet that's ok with us. But please do us a favour in September if you like the record just do the honest thing and go buy it anyway cause that's cool thing to do. We'll leave it to your discretion, we'll leave it to your honesty, we'll leave it to your honour Zagreb that you'll do that kind of shit.

doesn't get any clearer than this that boots are ok as far as they're concerned :wink:

MaidenMadness said:
doesn't get any clearer than this that boots are ok as far as they're concerned :wink:

Yes, but that doesn't matter as long as it's not written on paper and signed by EMI/Sanctuary/Maiden. In some countries, authorities are very severe and trading boots is becoming extremely difficult!

Back