HubAudioTool v7 and gaps detection ...

ead666

Well, i have received Stuttgard 1983 bootleg. So the first thing i made was to check if it was mp3 sourced. No pb, it is a lossless one :)
Then i listened to some tunes to have an idea of the quality : well, good one !
Then, i checked the gap with HubAudioTool ... and my problems started ...

- 1 st track : 600 gaps found !!! So i made ctrl+F5 to correct and delete the gaps. Then i made F5 to detect the remaining gaps : 450 gaps !!
and so on .... I had to make at least 50 pass to avoid all the gaps !!!

And for all the tunes, it is the same shitty problems...
It should take me at least 3 hours to avoid all the gaps ! :cross:

So i have 1 question for Bob :

- It would be interesting to have a new function in the HubAudioTool which could allow to make severals pass to automatically detect (F5) and correct the gaps (ctrl + F5). The number of pass could be a paramater.

What do you think about it Bob ?

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Those are not all gaps. Gaps are only flat parts. Are you sure all of them are flat?

BoBo said:
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Those are not all gaps. Gaps are only flat parts. Are you sure all of them are flat?

Well, i will check it this evening, but the results of 600 errors came when i made F5, which is the gaps detection function.

What do you mean by flat part ?

OMG!

Those are just marked parts according to parameters. Those are not all gaps. Maybe there in no real gap. I thought you understood how it works.

BoBo said:
OMG!

Those are just marked parts according to parameters. Those are not all gaps. Maybe there in no real gap. I thought you understood how it works.

oops ..... :oops: :oops:
Well, well, so what do you mean by flat part ?

Look at the marks. You might find horizontal parts. 30-100 samples long.

Like at the start and the end of CD.

Hi Bob

The majority of boots i have already checked (except 1 or 2 when i didn't use HubAudioTool) didn't have a lot of errors, maybe except sometimes at the beginning/end of songs. F5 showed me only few errors that i corrected.

My definition of gap is when you clearly hear a little blank within a track, which also appears in the wave-form (a cut in the wave form). In that case, i used to repair it with Adobe Audition.

In my case, i don't find so easy to interpret the results given by the "detection gaps" function. Well, when you have only 1 error, for sure, it's easy to see what kind of error it is. For that part, i never had a pb with HubAudioTool.
But, when you have wave forms which give you more than 50 errors, it starts to become harder to distinguish gaps from others errors.
Ok i can zoom the different parts, when yesterday i had 600 errors .... i was a little disappointed !

So Bob, i need your opinion about these strange waves :D
What are these 600 errors ???
This evening, i will share you this wave (taken from Stuttgard 83 boot)

Thanx

You can check marks faster with ctrl+left and ctrl+right shortkeys. You have to zoom it first. You don't have to zoom in/out and pan all the time. Read help more. :)

If you get 600 errors that means you should change settings. Or just check first and last few marks because gaps are mostly there.

Back