ead666 said:
New mp3 sourced :

1983-06-28 - Seattle, Washington, US

DVD VCD sourced (arggg !!!!)

1986-11-15 - Gothenburg, Sweden
1996-02-08 - Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
1998-09-23 - Helsinki, Finland

:x :x :x

The guy who sent me those shitty DVD claims that Helsinki 98 comes from the VHS master of a great trader (i think that you all know him ...). He traded this DVD with this so-called great trader ....

Well, i mean, what do you think about this :
1) the DVD used size : 1.2 Go ....
2) When i read the DVD with PowerDVD, it is written as video source : MPEG-1 (and not MPEG-2 as usual in the case of real DVD ...).
3) i had already Helsinki 98 in 2 cdrs (VCD) .... and it is exactly the version / quality than the DVD he sent me ...
4) ... it is the same shitty thing with Gothenburg 86 and Quebec 96 ....

I mean, i really don’t see the point of having VCD on DVD..... The meaning of DVD is to have to best enabled quality .... with no loss of
quality between the original source and the final result on DVD... But VCD are by definition lossy quality because real bad compression is used, the same way mp3 is a bad compression of original audio cd.....

I know that these DVD exist in the good format (without bad compression), so i find it stupid that some people make bad work in compressing the original sources... And i find it more stupid if it the guy who had the original sources of the video who made this shitty work .... and after traded it as a real DVD !!!

I really think i don't go to put any trust, even in so-called big or famous traders ... because even these ones don't check mp3 sourced bootlegs or DVD VCD sourced .....

As a conclusion, i think that we are VERY VERY lucky in the hub because majority of people here want the best quality and have the skills to detect mp3, vcd, etc.. and to correct / edit errors thanx to the HAT...

That was my thought of the week :)

Sorry ead. I forgot to reply to the email about this.

3) i had already Helsinki 98 in 2 cdrs (VCD) .... and it is exactly the version / quality than the DVD he sent me ...

That is the only secure method to detect VCD sourced DVDs.

if your dvd disk is written 1/4 way the video is from VCD (unless you have a 30 min dvd footage). I don't understand people who try to make arguments that this would be mpeg2

Back