Dance Of Death Eight Tracks

Haibane

Myself, I like all the tracks on Dance Of Death, but a number of people think that there are one or two fillers on it. A lot of people say the 80s albums were better, and perhaps a reason for this is that they were shorter. With CD cementing itself as THE major music format in the late 80s, bands have been able since then to record longer albums. Before NPFTD Maiden, more often as not, produced an album with eight tracks.

So my question is, if Dance Of Death was an 80's release, which eight tracks would you select to make up the album? (Therefore you could have an album with no 'fillers'.)

I would not like to drop any of the tracks of DOD, but if I had to choose this would be my track list....

Rainmaker
No More Lies
Montseguer
Dance Of Death
New Frontier
Paschendale
Face In The Sand
The Journeyman

:)

Manowar said:
MaidenMadness said:
i would drop no more lies, dance of death and the journeyman

Dance of death has to stay it rocks :banana:

IMHO there are much way better tracks on DOD than dance of death. tracks like face in sand, montesgur, paschendale, gates of tomorrow,...........

I wouldnt cut anything from Dance of Death. The CD format may add 'filler' tracks, but its worth considering that everyones choice of cut would be different.. so all of the tracks are definitely worthwhile.

More material is never a bad thing.. (Unless its remix CD's *cough* linkin park/ limp bizkit etc *cough*).

Also, Maiden probably intended the whole album as one continuous experience, each song progressing to the other. Obviously this isnt too prominent in dance of death, but they did this style on seventh son and it works beautifully.. one long progression through the album.

So, to answer the question.. make my eight track a eleven track :)

Yeah .. :D or at least release the first single with the missing tracks as bonus material

Back