1999-07-13 Montreal DVD (tu put in the hub!!!)

BigJer

Hi, I just receive Montreal '99 DVD from a frien.

What do I have to do before putting it in the hub?

Wich utilities should I use?

Thanks to answer me.

Bye friens

1) Use winrar and make smaller files
2) compression method = "Store"
3) file size = 52,428,000
4) after you finish with winrar use md5summer or simillar tool and make md5 file
5) share it :)

A) if you have slower upload, casv or I will download first and there shere it for everyone else.

Thank you so much Bobo.

But, when I copy the DVD, there is two folders. One empty name "AUDIO_TS" and another named"VIDEO_TS" with 9 files. Is is normal? On the hub, all DVD avec about 50 files or more...

Thanks

I just download and openned WinRar. I'm looking in the general window. I see wkere to put "Store" as compression method. But, i don't how where to put 52, 428 800 as files size. I only have an icon "Slipt to volume, bytes" and the choices are "1 467 664 - 3.5", 98 068K - ZIP-100, 650m -CD 650M, 700, - CD 700M, Autodetect".

Thanks to help me.

BigJer said:
But, when I copy the DVD, there is two folders. One empty name "AUDIO_TS" and another named"VIDEO_TS" with 9 files. Is is normal? On the hub, all DVD avec about 50 files or more...

You don't have to copy DVD to the hard disk. Just use winrar on DVD files directly from DVD.

All DVDs in the hub have 50 or more files because they are RARed. When you unpack them you will get only those files from VIDEO_TS folder.

BigJer said:
I just download and openned WinRar. I'm looking in the general window. I see wkere to put "Store" as compression method. But, i don't how where to put 52, 428 800 as files size. I only have an icon "Slipt to volume, bytes" and the choices are "1 467 664 - 3.5", 98 068K - ZIP-100, 650m -CD 650M, 700, - CD 700M, Autodetect".

Just enter that value.

Thanks,

But it don't have a DVD player on my couputer. My sister has one on her, so I thougt to copy the files on the DVD on her computer, put them on my ZIP 250 MB and transfer them to my computer, compress them to .rar and share the DVD on the hub.

But I won't be able to finish that, because some files on the DVD ave too big and it can't put them on my ZIP, so I won't be able to transfer them on my computer.

I'm so sorry for you guys.

Don't copy DVD to your sister's computer... just put it in dvd-rom and use winrar on it. Winrar will make 60-70 files size of 50 MB which you can transfer to your zip drive and from zip drive to your hard disk.

Tough job and you will have to repeat that it 12-18 times. But you don't have to hurry.

Ok thanks,

I'll ask my sister if I could install WinRar on her computer. But, I planned to buy a DVD-Room this summer.

If she doesn't want winrar on her computer i think we can split files with winzip too. I'm not sure.

How is dvd? Picture, sound? Was it made on PC or on standalone recorder?

Back