Would Maiden ever dedicate a song at a concert???

Hi Guys

I hold up my hand to being a very naive Maiden fan (OK, it's not me who's the fan but my husband to be....and a mad one at that!!). :oops:

What I need to know is whether anyone thinks Maiden are going to play Brave New World and if they are, whether they would dediate it to my husband to be!!! This would be the best wedding present ever and would blow his mind!!

Now I know I have a cat in hell's chance of this actually happening, but hey, you have to try!!lol

Anyway, if anyone knows of the best site to use to actually have a slim possibility of it reaching the band or any other helpful info. please contact me.

We are based in Perth, WA and I work at the International Airport so am looking forward to trying to spot the Iron Maiden plane lol

Thanks in advance.

Rach

I really dont think so.

I think if Maiden changed their setlist, then it'd be a possibility, but the fact they never change their setlist once they go on tour makes the chances preety slim to none :(

Hi Ben

I would be happy with any song really lol

Brave New World is just a special one for us as a couple!!

Do you know what would be the best way of even getting close to contacting them??

You seem pretty knowledgable compared to me lol

Thanks in advance, again lol

I'm no expert LOL but maybe seeing as you work in an airport, you can find out the airport/airports the band will be using and go to one of them..might be alot of work, but if you want a chance, I think that might be one of your only ones :)

I totally agree with Ben!

Maiden became too lazy for such things in my opinion...sometimes I really think they don't care as much as before...

You have a big heart to have such a wish! :wink:

My wish was for them to "dedicate" and play
'THE SHERIFF OF HUDDERSFIELD'
for Rod Smallwood during the '08 tour.
That song about Rod was written and recorded during the time period of "The History Of Iron Maiden part 2"
So, it would have been a very nice touch to the show and a very great treat for the fans (and Rod).

Rod is such a big reason for the Maiden Machine being so well-oiled and successful.
Also, bonus songs were a big part of the singles for so long - it was the maiden way!

Even with all of those great reasons for playing the song, it is a very slim chance that they will do it.

The boys have alot of fun on stage and do 'out of the ordinary' things. {I would put a link to a video of Bruce throwing a pie in Janick's face (on Jan's b-day), but, I don't have it.} -sorry :(

It's not an impossibility for them to consider your request, but, the band are far from this forum.
I've seen Nicko on the paid section of the official fan club forum, but, that was just a quick thanks to some of us. He then mentioned us in a diary, so that was neat, but, that was rare.
So many negative people ruined it with their "Blaze bashing", and slamming Janick because he's the "new guy"!
Davey even said that he has a distaste for the bb, altho, he could have meant the bashing, and not the forum in itself.

Anyways, with as many fans as they have, it will be difficult to contact them. (Laz {the fan club operater} doesn't even "chat" with you -- strictly bizness)

ok, i have a friend which is steve's son friend, i could tell her to tell george(steve's son) to tell steve to dedicate a song to yuor husband, anyways i already asked him for a ticket :D

they actually HAVE dedicated a song to us all at Rock in Rio before Blood Brothers Bruce says that we'd like to dedicate this song to all iron maiden supporters and metal supporters at South America, evrywhere in the world! :)

worldslaver said:
they actually HAVE dedicated a song to us all at Rock in Rio before Blood Brothers Bruce says that we'd like to dedicate this song to all iron maiden supporters and metal supporters at South America, evrywhere in the world! :)

Thats not really a direct dedication though, is it :roll:

Re: Dedicating Songs....

First of all I think you guys are being really unfair to the lads in Maiden. It's a really sweet idea and I'm sure that girl's fiance would have kittens if it did happen but..... think of the precedent that would be set. Maiden would be inundated with requests for dedications. I disagree that the lads are too aloof or detatched (I've met them all and I can say first hand they're diamond geezers, or at least were to me). It's a simple case of logistics.

At home, one-on-one, I'm sure they're as approachable as the next man, but on stage they're in a different league altogether and let's face it, we (as fans) made it so.

Back