the trooper/hallowed be thy name...

I doon't see any similarity at all except that both are Maiden. There are many other Maiden songs that are similar, but The Trooper and Hallowed be thy Name?

YES! The first time i heard the Trooper, i thought that it was a poor attempt to remake Hallowed.... (Though i love it now!) I think its just the structure, the way it starts with a slow musical build up, before Bruce's vocals cut in and the music stops between lines for the first verse before picking up for the next 2 or 3. It's then followed by a instrumental break which copies the introductory lick, before the vocals cut in again and he verses continue as they did the first time......

oilslug said:
right. this could just be my far to scrutonous mind at work, but has anyone ever noticed how similar 'the trooper' and 'hallowed be thy name' are? please prove me wrong! its really bugging me... :shock:
?

Actually, I do a little similarity. The "when the priest comes to read me the last rites" and "you'll take my life but I'll take yours too" in HBTN and The Trooper respectively are close and the songs actually have a similar song structure, HBTN is just a lot longer.

oilslug said:
right. this could just be my far to scrutonous mind at work, but has anyone ever noticed how similar 'the trooper' and 'hallowed be thy name' are? please prove me wrong! its really bugging me... :shock:
dude i know waht u mean from 2:14 in it sounds very similar to the trooper intro. whihc is highly possible as they were both noly a year aprt.

????????? the only similarity is the breaks for bruces vocals.
The key is different, tempo is different, structure is totally different, melody is different....subject is different
kinda like comparing a racehorse with a donkey...both have four legs.

Back