Maiden World Server Move

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
A new year.. A new server.. (almost)

The server move is now complete. If you're reading this message, you're reading it from our brand new server in europe.

The site seems to respond in about half the time it used to, which means you should notice some nice performance differences.

Maiden World Live's search facility now works, and everything seems to be running great both there and here on the forums.

However, due to the changes within the move, its possible subtle bugs or errors will crop up. If you come across any, I'd really appreciate it if you could report them in this thread, or by PM to me.

Thanks & Happy 2005.

BUGFIX: Safari (1.2, 1.3) on Mac OS X and possibly other browsers would refuse to render this forum in english if your system was configured to accept one of the other languages too, even if english was prioritized higher. Now renders in english when appropriate.

BUGFIX: Safari (1.2, 1.3) on Mac OS X would render the front page with incorrect spacing in the table columns. Now renders correctly.

The board clock seems wrong :?

I have GMT selected in my profile and it is 2 hours and 7 minutes ahead
when I make a post.

Minor problem........... I could select GMT -2hrs if I wanted I suppose :err:

Jon said:
BUGFIX: Safari (1.2, 1.3) on Mac OS X would render the front page with incorrect spacing in the table columns. Now renders correctly.
:shock: i never knew it was surposed to be like that :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
my wolrd has been opened dramatically

manic said:
:shock: i never knew it was surposed to be like that :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
my wolrd has been opened dramatically
it was like that for me as well AND I DONT EVEN USE MAC :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Manowar said:
jon deletes people's posts fascist!
LOL

and nomads beating was one of them :| (but i'll forgive him :wink: looks like he stayed up all night for us!)

My time is the same as rockins :?

wicker nomad said:
LOL

and nomads beating was one of them :| (but i'll forgive him :wink: looks like he stayed up all night for us!)

My time is the same as rockins :?
I don't think he means the ones that were lost when the server moved :wink:

ewil said:
Well he deleted them LOL
I won't tell it here, it would be off-topic :wink:
ok :oops:

Thought I hadn't been away from the puter long enough to miss anything :oops:

rockin_plumber said:
The board clock seems wrong :?

I have GMT selected in my profile and it is 2 hours and 7 minutes ahead
when I make a post.

Minor problem........... I could select GMT -2hrs if I wanted I suppose :err:

Still not rectified :|

rockin_plumber said:
Still not rectified :|

I emailed the server admin, he'll fix it when he can I guess. The actual server is off by 2 hours..

Code:
$ date
Sat Jan  1 23:01:53 GMT 2005
(at 8:54pm, according to my PC).

Jon said:
I emailed the server admin, he'll fix it when he can I guess. The actual server is off by 2 hours..

Code:
$ date
Sat Jan  1 23:01:53 GMT 2005
(at 8:54pm, according to my PC).
ok

Anyone who's posted before the clock got set correctly (like, at 10pm this evening, when its only really 8pm now) will be unable to post because the server thinks their last post is 2 hours in the future, hence less than 15 seconds from now. When it all catches up the board will work fine. Also there are probably some weird issues with posts not attaching to the end of threads, instead going in the middle of them.

Should be resolved in about 2 hours.

I sent this to MaidenMadness. The clock has been set correctly and there may be issues for the next 2 hours as a result. Things should work fine afterward though.

Back