Maiden World Server Move: This Weekend

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, Maiden-World will be changing over to the previously mentioned new european server when I'm home this weekend.

I hope to be able to do the changeover on Friday night or during Saturday, so I have the most time possible at home with all the resources available to me to fix problems. I moved other sites two weeks ago and they seem to be fine, and I'm confident Maiden World should be able to move with no problems.

During the move I'll be upgrading phpBB to the latest version (no differences, just bugfixes), and the board will probably be down for a period of between one and two hours while the changeover is done. Over the christmas break I'm hoping to be able to change some elements of the forum to make it a bit more user-friendly & change the look but I dont really have set details about that yet.

By the way, congratulations all on the 100k post mark. Its a great tribute to Maiden World that we've managed to last this long, and here's to the next 100k :cheers:

Ah, also there'll be disruption in Maiden World Live, as it & all of the data that makes it up gets moved across, and the software that powers it is upgraded to the latest version.

This place can sometimes take quite a bit of work to keep current...

Nice one Jon, i know you and the Mods put in a lot of effort to lok after us all ( even us "General Chatters" :err: )

Thanks a Maiden Million :D

Jon said:
Ok, Maiden-World will be changing over to the previously mentioned new european server when I'm home this weekend.

I hope to be able to do the changeover on Friday night or during Saturday, so I have the most time possible at home with all the resources available to me to fix problems. I moved other sites two weeks ago and they seem to be fine, and I'm confident Maiden World should be able to move with no problems.

During the move I'll be upgrading phpBB to the latest version (no differences, just bugfixes), and the board will probably be down for a period of between one and two hours while the changeover is done. Over the christmas break I'm hoping to be able to change some elements of the forum to make it a bit more user-friendly & change the look but I dont really have set details about that yet.

By the way, congratulations all on the 100k post mark. Its a great tribute to Maiden World that we've managed to last this long, and here's to the next 100k :cheers:

cool
if you need any help with the skin or designing bit just ask me :D ask for the user friendly bit i know nothing of socialility :err:
maybe me and # (and/or others) could make a maiden game and host it here.
that would attract members, it's just what to do

manic said:
cool
if you need any help with the skin or designing bit just ask me :D ask for the user friendly bit i know nothing of socialility :err:

I'm thinking more along the lines of making the entire page flexible-width, and taking more advantage of bigger screens. Also going to fix all of the rendering bugs that exist with this site+safari (which have been annoying me for a couple of weeks).

Jon said:
I'm thinking more along the lines of making the entire page flexible-width, and taking more advantage of bigger screens. Also going to fix all of the rendering bugs that exist with this site+safari (which have been annoying me for a couple of weeks).
i'm using safari right now
whats the problem? :?

manic said:
cool
I don't do games! :D

:? Wonders if there is an option you can add so the mods can see who the
hidden users are................ LOL

But apart from that keep up the good work Jon and the team :banana: :banana: :banana:

rockin_plumber said:
:? Wonders if there is an option you can add so the mods can see who the
hidden users are................ LOL

But apart from that keep up the good work Jon and the team :banana: :banana: :banana:
ah stop it

MaidenMadness said:
it seems to me that the board is faster than usual.......but then again this is the only page i'm browsing which i ususally dont do
It seems faster to me as well

director.gif
"Jon, here, NOW!!" :|

Please :D :wink:

Back