what is bootleg?

MaidenMadness

what exactly is bootleg? i have some maiden japan cd here. it is live from japan and was never offically released. is that bootleg or not?

Maiden Japan is an official release. It was an EP released between Killers and NOTB i believe. Not a bootleg.

zombie84 said:
Maiden Japan is an official release. It was an EP released between Killers and NOTB i believe. Not a bootleg.

Wow. my friend told it was never officaly released. so i stole from maiden and disobeyed copyrights by copying it? i should sb shot

I think its been out of print for a long time now. at least i havent seen it in stores. I dont think it was rereleased with the remastered Eddies Head collection anyway. Funny that the offical site doesnt have it listed anymore...

In fact it hard to find any listing for it in any of the discography's of fansites! It was a limited release i think, and the tracklist added or lost one song depending on where it was released IIRC.

This is what you are referring to: http://www.iron-maiden.ru/albums/1981/esingle3.htm

unless there really is a bootleg version which shares the same title and number of songs. I havent seen one though.

yeah, Maiden Japan I think has been out of print since the late 80's, maybe even mid 80's. It was released originally on LP and Cassette. I have the LP somewhere in the house. Also had the cassette at one time.

The LP featured the 1st 2 songs on side 1 and the last 3 songs on side 2. The cassette featured all 5 tracks on both sides. It was between 15-16 minutes and had good sound quality.

The front cover featured a samari eddie and the back cover featured the band standing with eddie.

CD was never released although the rerelease of KILLER from Castle Records which was a 2 cd set featured the entire Maiden Japan as part of the bonus disk.

Maiden Japan was released on CD. as part of The First Ten Years box set of singles in 1990. (Since deleted I think.)

It shared the third disc with the Purgatory single and, of course, Nicko's Listen With Nicko (Part3)

Four tracks: Running Free, Remember Tomorrow, Killers, Innocent Exile all recorded at the Kosei Nenkim Hall, Nagoya, Japan, on 23rd May 1981 with, according to the sleeve, a couple of overdubs

I'm not sure but I would imagine there's a bootleg of the entire show somewhere but the nearest I have is the widely held Big Heat from the following day in Tokyo.

Hope that helps.

Back