Spawn - the comic book hero

Spawn

From Spawn.com:

SPAWN
Al Simmons, once the U.S. government's greatest soldier and most effective assassin, was mercilessly executed by his own men. Resurrected from the ashes of his own grave in a flawed agreement with the powers of darkness, Simmons is reborn as a creature from the depths of Hell. A Hellspawn. Now Spawn must choose between his life on Earth and his place on a throne in Hell. Spawn is one of the longest-running and most-respected independent comics of all time.

Who has heard of this great character created by Todd McFarlane, who used to draw Spider-Man. The story of the character is above. I came familiar with Spawn back in the -90' when my big brother started to read it. I think it was -97 when Spawn was started to be released in Finland. Or was it -96. After my big bro' stopped buying the comic (he discovered Witchblade -comics) I stopped it too. After that Spawn came back to us both when Spawn guested the Witchblade. I went crazy and bought old Spawn comic's that were released in Finland. (This happened last year, even that Spawn had guested Witchblade in 2001 or 2002.) Not all of them, though. After buying some of the new Spawn comic's, the paper told that releasing Spawn -the comics had come to it's end. There wasn't enough readers anymore, maybe because Greg Capullo wasn't drawing Spawn anymore. Anyways, my nickname is from the character and you can see it from my avatar.

Long live Spawn - the eternal! (the hero... and me)

Edit: Oh, and hope you guys can understand what I'm saying. It's so hard to think in English.

I used to read Spawn, when it first came out. I really liked it-thought it was one of the better comics out there. Witchblade was pretty good too. but McFarlane stopped doing the comics to focus on other projects. He created alot of action figures-some are Spawn, but he does movie monsters and other figures. I had stopped reading them a few months before the series ended.

SexyDevilGirl said:
...He created alot of action figures-some are Spawn, but he does movie monsters and other figures.

His action figures are pretty cool. Have you seen his Eddie figures? He did one of Killers Eddie, and one of the Trooper Eddie, I've got them both! and they look great! :banana:

Basses High said:
His action figures are pretty cool. Have you seen his Eddie figures? He did one of Killers Eddie, and one of the Trooper Eddie, I've got them both! and they look great! :banana:

i have twice too very great.

:banana: :banana:

The Mc farlane's figure are really fun
I collect them and i like specially the 24th serie with the representation
of the comic's sleeves !!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Lappis said:
Spawn is OK but The Punisher( Frank Castle )... He is a GOD!

Yes, The Punisher is great too. Especially the kickass, everybody killing Punisher. The only the Punisher -comics I've read are from the beginning of the -90's so don't really know much about this character. Sometimes he's so boring fellow but when he goes and kills people, it's good entertainment. :D

I have the Killers Eddie figure-I can't find The Trooper figure in my area anymore. I had asked for it for Christmas-but no one I know likes that sort of thing-so I didn't get it. There is going to be a new Punisher movie out soon- I think this time it will be made with a higher production value than the last one. Anyone heard of Hellboy? That's a pretty cool comic too. And there is a Hellboy movie coming out soon as well. :evil:

Have to admit my favourites were always Ghost Rider and Iron Man, don't know if they do figures of them though :?

Bockaaarck said:
Have to admit my favourites were always Ghost Rider and Iron Man, don't know if they do figures of them though :?

Don't know about that, but there is a rumour that there's gonna be a Ghost Rider - and Iron Man -movies coming.. in next ten years. :D
This is what I've heard. I've heard the scripts are ready.

There are some pretty good Ghost Rider and Iron Man figures out there. The Ghost Rider movie had already started production-with Nicholas Cage as the lead. But I think he backed out of that.

^ By the way, Nicholas Cage is a nephew of the movie director Francis Coppola (for example: Apocalypse Now). Nicholas has changed his last name so that his real last name won't haunt him in his career.

There is also a movie about Spawn. The soundtrack of the movie includes Metallica's For Whom the Bell Tolls. That doesn't really matter 'cause the movie is a big crap. Hope the next Spawn movie will be a lot better. I gotta check the Spawn cartoon. I've heard that is great.

Back