Rapture Of The Deep

MaidenMadness

as you are probably aware the album leaked on the net. i downloaded it and this is my review of the album

Money - Ian's voice is very good on this one, eventhoug he's not in his youth anymore. The song itself seems to be something missing. I just can't shake this feeling that the song is just about going to really start and that something better will come after it. The solo is good but then again nothing breathtaking. The lyrics are relativley ok but a bit repetive

Girls like that - Ok intro, the songs kicks off really heavy, Gillian's voice good as usual but the lyrics are a very cheesy and at times very disguisting and repetive. The music itselt is very good, there is a really pleasent riff in it. Above average solo on the keyboard. This is the shortest and the most commercial song on the album and i am willing to bet my ass off that this will be released as a single, very commercial yet very good representative of album as a whole if we turn a blind eye on the lyrics

wrong man - great intro, heaveir than one would expect, gillian is yet again very good, lyrics better that on girls like that, riff is very pleasent but the keyboards are much better imo, especially on one part before gilliam screams(very good scream but dont expect anything like child in time screams) great solo, repetive lyrics and i cant shake this feeling that the words you've got the wrong man keep repeating over and over again

rapture of the deep - very good intro, throughtout the entire song there is this oriental melody created by guitars but more by the keyboards. lyrics ok, not repetive and diffinitley better than on any of the previous songs. gillian good as always(dont know why is this even neccesary to mention) good guitar solo and once again great work on the keyboards b y don airey (as if he can be bad on the keyboards :D )

clearly quite absurd - sotf song, gillian good, lyrics ok, the music pleasent. in the end for about half a minute it starts getting a bit heaveir but then it suddely stops and a soft, short riff ends the song

don't let go - very good start to the song. gillian good, lyrics relativley good, imo slighty bad chorus, music is good and pleasent but nothing special. in the end gets a bit repetive when the chorus keeps repeating over and over

back to back - good intro, gillian is ok, lyrics ok, just 2 seconds longer than girls like that. average chorus. music average, solo great i totaly like it. fuckin great riff. the song isnt even very repetive when it comes to lyrics and i wouldnt be dissapointed if they released this as a single

kiss tomorrow goodbye - drum intro followed by very fast guitars, gillian great, the best vocal performance on the album, there is even a great scream which is what the last album bananas was lacking cause after all, deep purple isnt deep purple without gillian's screams :) , very good lyrics(there a change to the album) very good solo which is overshadowed by the keyboard work by don airey. drums also great. probably the best song on the album, not even a trace to repetivness of the lyrics. very fast and very heavy this one is

mtv - gillians voice good, once again good keyboard work, the song is fast but at first it relies more on lyrics much of them in a very short amount of time than it does on music, i dont like the chorus eventhough the lyrics as good and i like them(lets not talk about mtv i want my classic rock radio :) ) it has a very good solo, good drums. one can feel a bit of jazz influence on this one and the latter part of the song reminds me a bit of old deep purple it especially reminds me of the song lazy probably due to keyboards.

junkyard blues - ok intro, guitars sound very powerful at the start, gillian is good, chorus is good, the song made on the typical deep purple way. lyrics a bit repetive but music is more than good. morse definitley overshadows everybody else here, eventhough airey isn't bad either. solo is technical and its really cool when airey also joins in the fun. the longest solo on the album

before time began - longest song on the album. atmospherical intro in which paice deffinitley jumps out of the crowd. lyrics are ok, chorus is excelllent but a bit repetive, very soft start but the song gets heavier as the songs progresses, the song itself isnt typical for deep purple and it reminds me a bit of dream theater. deffinitley the most complex song on the album and it has a solo that relies on the technical abilities of morse rather than on speed but paice is the one that dominates on this one

all in all i have to say that the album is very good. probably the best one they have done since perfect strangers. the album is also dominated by gillian and airey but morse shows his talents on it as well.

excellent album and i would deffinitley recommend it to everybody when it gets released...i know i will buy it :)

I want to buy that album, but I'm not sure that I want to pay the full prize of original

Back