memorable quotes

Ivan

ok, here you can put any quote which you like from movies, songs or from some wise man...from anywhere

(i'll post now a lot of bruce's and adrian's quotes, cos i know that somebody will do that)
but in the future i won't post 40 quotes at once :wink:

bruce's quotes
A few of these interviews have gone slightly awry, because every now and again there has been the odd conflict of interest between interviews because of the Iron Maiden record, and I am a bit long-winded.
Bruce Dickinson

A guy called Arthur Brown... was a big influence of mine... and also Ian Anderson from Jethro Tull.
Bruce Dickinson

Best two rock voices I've heard in a last few years both have been from grunge bands: it's Eddie Vedder and the other one is Chris Cornell from Soundgarden.
Bruce Dickinson

I am taking a break, but not a huge break because the Maiden record is actually happening right now, and I am recording it as we speak, well not right as we speak, but close.
Bruce Dickinson

I do like Marylin Manson, actually. I think, he's very talented and he did make some great music.
Bruce Dickinson

I don't like being recognised, I have no interest in being famous at all, I just do what I do. If I could be like Captain Kirk and beam myself up and then beam myself down, I would!
Bruce Dickinson

I enjoy making solo albums because over the years it's evolved into more of a genuine personal expression of story-telling and day dreams, and I work in a way that has more control.
Bruce Dickinson

I find that fencing and training give me more stamina and help me deal with the craziness of being on the road so much.
Bruce Dickinson

I guess that the salary that they get when they are working with me is, like, it beats working at McDonalds, so it has got some things going for it.
Bruce Dickinson

I shall refract myself, yes, I shall no longer be known as the prism.
Bruce Dickinson

I'll be arriving at the last possible minute and walking on stage raging and pillaging and then disappearing immediately afterwards.
Bruce Dickinson

I'm a ham. I was immediately attracted to fencing because it seemed like a romantic, melodramatic form of combat.
Bruce Dickinson

I'm not going to do any more solo touring.
Bruce Dickinson

I've always enjoyed reading lyrics, trying to do them more than just lyrics, trying to have some more meaning in them. I know a lot of people are just happy to have a kind of broken word lyrics. I just wonder why, there's no reason why they can't at least attempt to do something a bit better.
Bruce Dickinson

If it all just happens like this for the rest of my life, it's going to be one endless Groundhog Day. I determined that I was not prepared to submit to this regime, so I thought I had to do something about it.
Bruce Dickinson

Iron Maiden is an institution, and I'm delighted that I'm involved in it, but there was a time that I wasn't delighted so I quit.
Bruce Dickinson

Life on the road can get a little one-dimensional. I didn't want to reach 40 and have to say all I'd done was look out the window of a tour bus and get drunk.
Bruce Dickinson

Major labels blow all their money massively and blame it on the band.
Bruce Dickinson

Rock music should be gross: that's the fun of it. It gets up and drops its trousers.
Bruce Dickinson

That gives me tremendous encouragement and optimism for the human race in general, that people choose to go off and do their own things.
Bruce Dickinson

The more guitars we have onstage the better, as I'm concerned.
Bruce Dickinson

The mystical poetry of William Blake's artwork also forms the basis for the album cover.
Bruce Dickinson

The prolific spurt has passed. I have spurted my prolificness! I have squirted my whatever from the whatever, the acatalectic record of mankind and have decided to repose myself until after the new Iron Maiden record.
Bruce Dickinson

There are a lot of stuff on the record that I am thinking is generic but actually it is just as good as everybody else who is putting stuff out at the time.
Bruce Dickinson

Well, it's a nice quiet time for Iron Maiden, and I'll be releasing a new solo album next year, so this is a really good time for the managing out my solo career, which is quite well.
Bruce Dickinson

Well, yeah, sometimes I get a little too creative.
Bruce Dickinson

When I left the band, what the band did is really their own business. And their career - they got on with it, and I got on with my career.
Bruce Dickinson

When I write with Maiden, then I write only with the guys in Maiden, we don't do songs from outside people.
Bruce Dickinson

adrian's quotes
A band is sort of like a star. It reaches a peak and burns out. To have five guys working in perfect harmony longer than a couple years is difficult.
Adrian Smith

A lot of people sort of regard me as a melodic guitar player amongst the fury.
Adrian Smith

After a really great gig at Fiddlers Green in Denver on Tuesday we travelled the next day to Los Angeles for a two day break before the show at the Greek Theatre.
Adrian Smith

As a musician it's very easy to get influenced by other people and say, 'God, that sounds really cool, let's do something like that.' We managed to resist that.
Adrian Smith

As far as the crowd goes, we were expecting a fairly laid back LA attitude, but were nicely surprised by the tremendous reaction. They were with us right from start to finish.
Adrian Smith

Blaze was leaving Maiden and it seemed like the right timing for Bruce and I. It all just came together.
Adrian Smith

Bruce lets us get on with playing. But at concerts we all connect really.
Adrian Smith

But the next album probably would have sold nothing. Fans would have known it's just another bank job.
Adrian Smith

Coming back to the band I approach songs I used to play 10 years ago quite differently now. That's added a different dimension to the band.
Adrian Smith

Dickinson really knows how to connect with an audience. You can have the best band musically in the world, but you need someone who also can breach the gap between the audience and the band. He does it very well.
Adrian Smith

I appreciate now stepping out on stage in front of Maiden's audience. You've just got to throw yourself into the whole thing.
Adrian Smith

I did need to do some other things. If I hadn't I wouldn't be back in the band today, and I wouldn't be as happy as I am now.
Adrian Smith

I enjoyed being able to share with student leaders how I try to apply God's principles with my service in the Nebraska Legislature. What an experience to make new friends, learn about politics, and develop your skills as a leader!
Adrian Smith

I guess the word must be getting around that we're back with a vengeance.
Adrian Smith

I spent the down time with my family and also managed to get in a bit of bonus for me. I love playing the shows, but it's really nice to get some time to ourselves.
Adrian Smith

I think a lot of people are going to want to see it, simply because I've been out on the road with Bruce for the last couple of years, and from what I have gathered on the road, people will be very interested to hear it.
Adrian Smith

I think it will sound amazing as we all play slightly differently. In a concert situation it will be interesting as well, because it keeps changing the focal point which makes it interesting from an audience perspective.
Adrian Smith

I think it's going to be really cool, because of the atmosphere between us. There's a good feeling about this tour and you can sense the anticipation and the buzz about it.
Adrian Smith

I think they think we are a heavy metal band. But there's a lot more to the band, more progressive elements and subtle elements.
Adrian Smith

I've seen everyone individually over the years, but it's the first time we've all been together in a working situation for a long time - it must be almost 8 years in times of the band. We built up our own language over a period of time. We fell back into that straight away.
Adrian Smith

If ever there was a band where three guitars could compliment the music, it was Maiden. There are a lot of guitar harmonies and guitar parts.
Adrian Smith

It feels great. It feels better than ever being back.
Adrian Smith

It just felt like it was the right time, sort of a new beginning with the year 2000 and new blood in the band.
Adrian Smith

It's great to be playing back with the guys again. Everyone's relaxed and happy about it and we're looking forward to playing all the classic Maiden songs on this tour. It's kind of uncanny.
Adrian Smith

It's like a crowd cheering for their favorite soccer team. They are willing you on. You feel all this great energy coming from them.
Adrian Smith

It's pretty heavy stuff, modern hard rock I call it.
Adrian Smith

Like the album, we try to take all the ingredients from the best shows we've done in the past 15 odd years. We've gone back to doing a real spectacular show.
Adrian Smith

More importantly, it was a chance for us all to meet up and hang out for a couple of hours and we started to scratch the surface talking about the musical side of things. I think you need the chemistry as the band is made up of such personalities and that makes it what it is.
Adrian Smith

Our goal is to make a great album for the fans and ourselves no matter who wrote the songs. It's a sort of 'Check your ego at the door kind of thing.' I think we managed to do that.
Adrian Smith

That means everyone only presents their best work. None of us gets complacent. We've got to have a bit of friction in the band. It's all about chemistry.
Adrian Smith

That's why the situation in Maiden is so great now. We went out and expressed ourselves (musically) in other ways and have come back looking from a different perspective at the band. We're able to transfer some fresh energy.
Adrian Smith

The band has always stayed close to its fans and not sold out. That's a very rare thing. I can see how rare that is having been outside of the band for eight years. Maiden has integrity. I think people appreciate that.
Adrian Smith

The most important thing is we have never sounded like anybody. It's a very different sound.
Adrian Smith

The only bad part of the show was when Davey fell and injured his little finger of his left hand during the encores. He is having the injury looked at by a doctor and hopefully it's not too serious.
Adrian Smith

The photo session went really well, apart from the fact I had flu. It went very well.
Adrian Smith

The show itself generally went really well for us with the onstage sound being good.
Adrian Smith

The songs are long and I think there's a lot of space there for three guitar players. It will compliment the music and it's never really been done before in the rock and metal field - obviously Skynyrd, but I don't think in the metal field it's been done, which gives it an exciting dimension.
Adrian Smith

There's a lot of interesting stuff we can work with - but I don't think it means we're going to have 98 guitar solos in each song, I think it'll be more of a textural thing.
Adrian Smith

We also heard that we broke the record for merchandise sales at the venue. That makes it two in a row 'cos the same thing happened at Denver!
Adrian Smith

We are one of the last heavy metal bands. Iron Maiden has always been unique.
Adrian Smith

We came pretty close. You set high standards for yourself. We're pretty proud of it.
Adrian Smith

We do get a lot of feed back from the Internet and there have been constant rumours for the last couple of years of a reformation of the 80's line up.
Adrian Smith

We tried to take all the good things about Maiden over the last 15 to 20 years and distill it into one record.
Adrian Smith

We try and stay out of the corporate side of it. The band has never compromised. At some point in our career we could have made a certain type of record and sold millions of units, as they are called.
Adrian Smith

We wanted to take the progressive elements, the melodic side of it and the anthem kind of songs, and the heavy element, and get a great producer and put it down on record.
Adrian Smith

We've got five guys in the band writing songs. The competition is fierce. At the same time, I wouldn't step back into a situation if I thought I'd be frustrated.
Adrian Smith

You've got to look toward the whole rather than just your own situation. We all have our own ideas. Sometimes there's a bit of a conflict, but that's good.
Adrian Smith

and now real begining of this topic

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Leonardo da Vinci

and 2 hilarious:

Bisexuality immediately doubles your chances for a date on Saturday night.
Woody Allen

So, where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?
Christina Aguilera

"You're gonna fine me £50 for smoking onstage? Fuck it, I can Handle that. I'll just tout a couple of tickets to cover it" - Slash (Velvet revolver) after being threatened with a fine for smoking onstage at the gig in Cardiff
slash.gif

Cor blimey :shock: I'm gonna have to wait til my house is a bit calmer before I read all that LOL

afraidtoshooteddie said:
"You're gonna fine me £50 for smoking onstage? Fuck it, I can Handle that. I'll just tout a couple of tickets to cover it" - Slash (Velvet revolver) after being threatened with a fine for smoking onstage at the gig in Cardiff
slash.gif
GOOD :wink: one

Back