MAIDEN,CONTRABAND,AND A BLOODY GREAT TIME

Frester

What a mad weekend that was :D It started for me Friday afternoon when I got to Norwich at 5:45pm to catch the coach to Luton.I spent the night at Luton trying to get some sleep in the airport terminal but only managed about an hour or so :shock: Check in for my flight to Paris started at 4am.So I got in line for that which took about an hour because they were checking in three flights on one desk :x When I got to the depature gate I at last found some more maiden people.There were around nine on our flight.
We got into CDG on time.Myself and a couple of the others got the RER to Gare du nord,at this point I was very pleased that I had not got lost once :banana: I rang Wicky and Luke on my arrival in the city to meet them as we had arranged in our master plan before leaving home.Between us we messed it up a treat I came out of the wrong exit and wicky could'nt find the station but after a few phone calls and a lot of luck I found them in just under an hour :oops: We then headed back to there hotel for a nice cold coke and to collect there very nice fan club shirts :D POP 8) That is a very nice bottle of contraband opening :banana: (More about that later :D )
The three of us then got a taxi to the Eiffel tower to meet Bocky Miss Bocky Frenchy and Frenchy junior :banana: It was great to get together for the afternoon :D It was the first time I have met Luke,Miss Bocky,Frenchy and his son and what a great bunch of people they are :banana: After saying our hello's we got in line to go up the tower and what a line it was :shock:I think it took around two hours to reach the ticket office but it did'nt seem that long.Everyone was such great company the time flew buy :) When we got to the ticket office we all got a ticket to the top :shock:
We got the lift to the second floor which was high enough for me Wicky and Luke :oops: The more brave among us went all the way up :shock:Me Wicky and Luke had a lovely walk down the stairs instead :shock: The time it took us to walk down the stairs was just right to meet the others again at the bottom :D
All back together again we went in search of beer and food which we found on a very nice street corner cafe.Just round the corner from the cafe was Frenchy's car :D We all walked round the corner to his car where he very kindly had some lovely bottles of super French Beer and wine that he gave us as a gift :banana: So back to the cafe we went to have a bite to eat and two very cold beers 8) We spent a good hour there before making our way to the gig.Frenchy took his own car which he very kindly let us store our bags in for the night :) Me Wicky and Luck got one taxi and the Bocky family another.Very strange taxi ride it was too :shock: The two drivers spent the journey abusing each other at every chance :shock: We did get there alive for about 6:15 :D We arranged where to find each other after the gig and went our seperate ways.I was on the pitch so I got my t-shirt and tour book on the way in and found a good spot.Oh and a glass of water for four euro :x I have to say within temptation were brilliant from start to finnish as were DT.Maiden as allways were with out a doubt the best live band in the world and the French people one of the best crowds in the world :) I saw a few people I had met at other maiden gigs over the years which passed the intervals away catching up on all the latest tales 8) After the gig we all found each other and went back to Frenchys car to get our stuff.Bocky and Miss Bocky got a ride with Frenchy and his son to the nearest metro,So we sadly said our goodbye's :( Me and the Wicky team went back to the stadium to meet a couple of other people who were going our way,so we all got a taxi back to Wickys hotel :DI went to get a nice ice cold coke with Wicky and Luke before going to the train station only to find it closed :? Plan B was a taxi to the airport with the two chaps who were going my way.We got to the airport at about 3am :shock: Which was followed by a three hour sleep until check in time 8) So a flight later and a couple of coach's I am back on my putor writing this :) A fantastic day and a fantastic gig but only because of great company :) A big thank you Frenchy and Young Frenchy for all you helped us with through the day and the great drink :) I will be back to see them in Paris next year and hope we all get together again then but with more of the mw family in tow :D There will be more tales to come from Dublin I am sure :wink:

i loved it .the gig was brill so was every thing else but the plane there :banana: :banana: :banana:

Not sure what thread to put this in :? I'll do both :D

thisisthelife.jpg

What a great way to spend an afternoon after climbing down thousands of steps :shock:

Rockhardchick666 said:
:oops: now identify them all
Sorry :oops: i'm knackered, brains not working :oops:

left to right...frester, frenchy,bocky, luke, me, and killy :wink:

Pic kindly taken by miss bocky :D

Rockhardchick666 said:
haha :shock: you guys actully went up?
Me, Luke and Frester only made it to the 2nd level :oops: and had the bright idea of walking down the steps :| All our legs were shaking when we got down LOL

Rockhardchick666 said:
there are railings, correct?
Yes :wink: But you can see all around you :shock: Luke was a bit more than scared, which is why we didn't wait for the lift down, the queue for it was right on the edge of the 2nd level :| I'm going to try to find on here how many steps we went down...felt like thousands :shock: and it was so hot :shock:
When we finally got down we just sat on the final lot of steps in everyone elses way, we couldn't go any furthur :oops: LOL

powerslave87 said:
:cry:

What were DT like anyway? 8)
Fantastic :banana: :banana: Panic Attack and Endless Sacrifice were my favs :banana: What a way to warm up to Maiden :shock: Perfect :banana: :banana:

I'd just like to see DT for Mike Portnoy, I wonder if they'll tour over here soon, we'll all have to have a meet up if they do 8)

Glad ya'll had a good time anyway!

Back