Like you even care but still....

MaidenMadness

over the last few day i realised that the last thing people on this board want are even some basic rules that would make posting easier for everyone. don't know if you have been following whats been going on here ever since i posted this thread but if you haven't basically i have been called a tit and stuff like that for wanting to make surfing this site easier for everybody. the ones with and without high speed internet connections. so since rules are not wanted here i feel that there also isn't any use of being a mod now is there?
so as of this moment i resign from my position as a mod in general chat & debate forum

thank you for your time

There are ways of doing things MM, if you'd posted that you were having trouble and could we help you might have had a different response. But you jumped in feet first and posted in what I think we all thought was a very rude way.
As for you saying about the smilies....things have been the same for 2 years, so why get arsey about it now :?
I see mod duties as keeping the board clean, safe for all ages, not to stop peoples enjoyment...I also thought it was Jon's job to make new rules.

wicker nomad said:
There are ways of doing things MM, if you'd posted that you were having trouble and could we help you might have had a different response. But you jumped in feet first and posted in what I think we all thought was a very rude way.
As for you saying about the smilies....things have been the same for 2 years, so why get arsey about it now :?
I see mod duties as keeping the board clean, safe for all ages, not to stop peoples enjoyment...I also thought it was Jon's job to make new rules.

I'd have to agree again. A lot of people post on this board, myself included, purely because it's not so Anal as the other boards on the web. The last thing anyone needs/wants are a new list of 'RULES' being forced upon what is essentially a very relaxed and fun forum.
What happened yesterday was regretable, and hopefully now we can return to normal. :wink:

wicker nomad said:
re: the simlies
which part of the word try don't you understand :roll:
re: the other one no i didn't feel it was neccessary to post that cause i didn't have trouble with it. i mean it annoys me having to scroll shitload just cause some poeple either don't give a fuck about others and don't care to add one fuckin character more when they are posting links or they don't know any better whats the reason i seriously dont know and to be honest i dont care
thats why i gave a detailed description what to do so one would prevent links from screwing up the entire page. i mean you probably use subsilver but i use maidenworld skin. you know in mw skin the letters are white. and apart from the dark part of the page in the middle the rest is some combination of white and grey. and white letters on such surface when the page gets screwed up isn't the easiest thing in the world and it makes reading the posts really hard and annoying
but i guess in my selfishness trying to help anyone i hurt all of your precious little egos....for that i'll let you know when i start to care :|

and re: the mod keeping the place clean? or in other words making it easier for eveyone to use it?
thats what i did and you all boycotted me

right i will just say one more thing before i end all discussions from my side on this topic
when i was a mod i did and tried my best to improve the quality of the site and thus attract more users. not everything i did turned up to be good a decision but as the saying goes
he who works does mistakes
that is my conscience is clear cause i know i done my job to best of my ability

can the rest of the mod group say the same thing abput themselves?

MaidenMadness said:
right i will just say one more thing before i end all discussions from my side on this topic
when i was a mod i did and tried my best to improve the quality of the site and thus attract more users. not everything i did turned up to be good a decision but as the saying goes
he who works does mistakes
that is my conscience is clear cause i know i done my job to best of my ability

can the rest of the mod group say the same thing abput themselves?

not Cyrus :err:

MM, I need to have my last say on this......If you had said " What do you guys think of doing things this way" we would have had a proper discussion about what was bothering you.
You don't seem to understand what pissed us all off so much....it was being TOLD to OBEY you...went down very badly!
Usually you accuse me of being to sensitive, you can't this time seeing as you seem to have got everyone's back up.

Right now i've got that off my chest i'm going to make a coffee :)

Well, MM has complained the subject (the streching posts and smilies) before this - several times. And I do agree that it's a shit when these happen. I'm just surprised of the reaction you had when MM said that "no more these things". "I R t3h n0 r00lZ :x" ":rolleyes <<< see, a smilie. ANARCHY". That was a bit childish. But hey, I ain't so mature myself, and this is a spamming board, so...

:p

Back