I'm Back in here, but I'm now in China

Hello all! I hope that all of you have been well. I don't know how many of you remember me here but I used this forum all the time for a few years and then off an on ever since. I am achieving my dream now and I am an English teacher in China. I am teaching high school student but they're great kids and very accepting. Of course, I am also here to get some teaching experience and foreign work experience and earn a living at the same time. I have already been to the Forbidden City in Beijing and I taught for one month in Rugao which is two hours away from both Shanghai and Nanjing. Another school needed me because they have no English teacher but there is still one at the school in Rugao so they are moving me to Handan which is an ancient city. I was and still am a history major and there is no better place to go than one of the world's oldest and continuous civilizations. Yes, I've been cranking up some Maiden on my spare time, and of course, The Final Frontier fits the theme of my adventure here. :edmetal:
All I needed was my Bachelor's Degree to teach here which I have but I will be trying to enter a university here to earn my Master's Degree. I never forgot about any of you, or any of my friends who I have met one way or another over the years. I am returning home for Christmas because my family wants to see me but I am staying here during the summer so I can find a good university to attend and see some new places here. Maybe next Christmas I will visit England because I always wanted to celebrate Christmas in London just to see how it differs from the American Christmas and make a comparison, then I can rock out once again in the heavy metal capital of the world, England as I am now doing here in China. I hope that you are all well and I wish you all the best. :banana:

Hi Buddy :banana: :banana: :banana:

Seems like ur in demand...
And doing a bit of traveling on top of that 8)
Things seem to have gone great for you!!!

Good to hear from you... it is very quiet here nowadays :(

Thanks man. Great to see you. Yes, I remember you from the IMBB back in 2003, the same year I joined the forum. I hope you're doing well as I wish everyone else well here. :) I made a few visits over the years, but yes, it has been quiet here but I still visit to see how everyone's doing. Yes, I resumed my travel days again only this time, I am finally getting the experience I need to achieve my goal of being a History Professor. The first step is getting some teaching experience and next its back to the university for a Master's Degree and I am going to try to do it here in China because I have plenty of references here as well as a couple at the university I attended back at home. I always loved traveling and yes, I will eventually make my way over to Europe again to visit some of the places I've never been like Ireland, and visit the places I have been, especially Greece and England. As I said, I hope to visit London next Christmas but I also hope to visit other places in England. As for Maiden, The Final Frontier is now the only Maiden album I have not heard any thing off live at a show I attended but I hope to someday because it's a great album. However, its awesome hearing it right here in China and this experience is worth everything to me not just for the money and the work experience, but because I am making many new friends here, and the kids really look up to me here and they've been wonderful.

metalwarrior220 said:
Thanks man. Great to see you. Yes, I remember you from the IMBB back in 2003, the same year I joined the forum. I hope you're doing well as I wish everyone else well here. :) I made a few visits over the years, but yes, it has been quiet here but I still visit to see how everyone's doing. Yes, I resumed my travel days again only this time, I am finally getting the experience I need to achieve my goal of being a History Professor. The first step is getting some teaching experience and next its back to the university for a Master's Degree and I am going to try to do it here in China because I have plenty of references here as well as a couple at the university I attended back at home. I always loved traveling and yes, I will eventually make my way over to Europe again to visit some of the places I've never been like Ireland, and visit the places I have been, especially Greece and England. As I said, I hope to visit London next Christmas but I also hope to visit other places in England. As for Maiden, The Final Frontier is now the only Maiden album I have not heard any thing off live at a show I attended but I hope to someday because it's a great album. However, its awesome hearing it right here in China and this experience is worth everything to me not just for the money and the work experience, but because I am making many new friends here, and the kids really look up to me here and they've been wonderful.

A very belated response to your thread metalwarrior220 old friend. So glad you are doing so well, it really does sound like you're doing something you're enjoying and which is being appreciated.

It means a lot from a personal perspective when you have a goal that you're really striving for, it sounds like you're well on the way to making big inroads to your goals, which is fantastic.

I wish you all the best with it and don't forget to drop us a line when you decide to come to England! Keep up the good work, stay true to your desires and get stuck in to enjoying your life :banana:

Cheers :)

I must apologize for my late response as well and I thank you for your kind words. Yes, I will be honored to contact you when I visit England. I am hoping to visit England in 2013 when Iron Maiden does some shows there. Hopefully it will not be on one of my work days. I had a brief return to America but I am back in China again. We are now having our summer holiday but I decided to work in a summer camp in Quzhou so I can earn more money. It has been 11 years since I visited England so I am overdue for a visit to England. I also hope that eveything is going well for you in England. We have a great Iron Maiden show to look forward to in England, I have always wanted to see a show in England, the birthplace of heavy metal. Best wishes. :blaze: :metal: :banana:

Back