Final Frontier expectations..

MaidenFan001

I am highly excited for Iron Maidens new upcoming album The Final Frontier, just like every Maiden fan. I KNOW for a fact that they will once again NOT disappoint, but like everyone I have a few expectations of the album that I would hope the band complies with in order for it to completely suit my taste.

Expectation 1 - Keep the lyrics balanced, and DO NOT make a song repetitive!
Lets face it, A Matter of Life and Death was a masterpiece and perhaps their best in the 21st century. However, Out of the Shadows was pretty weak in my opinion, and for one reason only... IT WAS SO REPETITIVE!!
I loved the way Bruce sings the versus, and even the chorus is decent, its just repeated like what? 10 times during the song..? C'mon Maiden you can do better then that. I dont mind if the same chorus is sung numerous times over the course of a song, but keep it balanced. What I mean by this is instead of the song structure going something like "verse/chorus/verse2/chorus/G-solo/chorus x3" make the amount of times the versus and chorus are sung even.. like "verse/chorus/verse/chorus/g-solo/verse/chorus" maybe include a bridge. That will make it more interesting, and will create a more variety in lyrics instead of hearing "out of the shadows, and into the sun!" like 50 times over.

Expectation 2 - Keep the songs long and epical!
Im not saying have EVERY song on the album over 7 minutes long, but I hope they keep em all decently lengthed like AMOLAD. Nothing is worse then crappy, boring, uninteresting, 3 minute songs. And I rather Maiden not take the risk at this point in their career.

Expectation 3 - Do NOT sell out your fans and change your style in any way!
I know that Maiden isnt the type of band to change their style in attempt to please the radio or win over fans, but you never know. So I set this expectation high:)

Now what are your expectations for the upcoming legend?

I hope it contains less ponderous numbers than those that have been on the last few records. Don't get me wrong - they contained some great songs, but their epics don't quite move as much as Mariner or Hallowed Be Thy Name (Paschendale is the exception)...

I will love it no matter what, but I hope they inject some more energy into this... ala the Invaders, Wrathchild... even Out Of The Silent Planet...

Might I ask for a special bonus disc with a triet featuring Bruce, Paul and Blaze on vocals?

I hope more risks and more progressives song like their long masterpieces RATM, ATG and many others....

they all already done and have nothin to loose so.....let's hope. Please for your last round ....

rockin_plumber predicted that there will be a picture of Eddie on the cover of The Final Frontier.
But I think this is it.
thefinalfrontierpropose.jpg

edge_of_the_wire said:
rockin_plumber predicted that there will be a picture of Eddie on the cover of The Final Frontier.
But I think this is it.
thefinalfrontier.jpg

i hope it's not :err:

edge_of_the_wire said:
But I think this is it.
thefinalfrontier.jpg

WOW......... :shock: :shock: :shock:

If I am correct and there is an Eddie on the cover :shock: :shock: :shock:

How did I guess that :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

rockin_plumber said:
edge_of_the_wire said:
But I think this is it.
thefinalfrontier.jpg

WOW......... :shock: :shock: :shock:

If I am correct and there is an Eddie on the cover :shock: :shock: :shock:

How did I guess that :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

you're Nostradamus rocky :eek: :eek:

To be honest I can't wait, I think It will be a good album, maybe not as good as older stuff but I think they will deliver for the fans!
As maybe a final blow out? Who knows. I like the new song El Dorado (which is available for free download at www.ironmaiden.com for any of you slow pokes who haven't heard it yet)

But yeah man I mean Bring on August 16th and the the new tour, with dream theatre! WOOOO!

A Predator-like Eddie, not that one, was accepted for The Final Frontier cover.
It's just my own wild guess by the time I posted that picture, though.

Frenchy said:
I hope more risks and more progressives song like their long masterpieces RATM, ATG and many others....

they all already done and have nothin to loose so.....let's hope. Please for your last round ....
what you mean by that last round

maidengod38 said:
Frenchy said:

coz they already said it should be their last one :|

Frenchy said:
maidengod38 said:
Frenchy said:

coz they already said it should be their last one :|
wrong just read a interveiw with janick gers and he said not true so fuck you iron maiden rules asshole :suck:

Back