DANCE OF DEATH TOUR SETLIST INSIDE!

Do you like this setlist / Do you find it acceptable?

• Yes, I like it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's OK / It's Accpetable.

• It's rubbish!

• Total voters

Maniac618

1. Wildest Dreams
2. Can I Play With Madness
3. The Trooper
4. Dance Of Death
5. Rainmaker
6. Brave New World
7. Paschendale
8. Lord Of The Flies
9. No More Lies (Eddie-reaper between H's and Jan's solos)
10. Hallowed Be Thy Name
11. Fear Of The Dark
12. Iron Maiden
ENCORES:
13. Journeyman (accoustic)
14. The Number Of The Beast
15. Run To The Hills

Total time about 1hr 40 Mins.

:banana:

Sultoon's review from the official BB:

"So the set for Gamma Ray petered out into a guitar solo wankfest after they had played Victim of Fate from early Helloween days, and then the darkness started. 30 mins we waited and the venue was packed to the rafters and as hot as ever. I was standing with Bobo and The Evil to start with, about 12 rows back, when, eventually this piece of music started as described above.

The set was revealed of a huge grey castle, with a hooded eddie reaper,with no face,high on the ramparts on both the left and right, with an massive open portcullis in the centre. We thought it would be perfect for Monstegur, but, alas, Wildest Dreams,which was pretty good.

Bruce was absolutely on fire,wearing black trousers with all those bits of material tied to them, black tshirt and waistcoat, Dave in a WD tshirt, Janick in a DoD tshirt with a goat on the back and the tour dates (this can be bought in official merchandise), Adrian wearing similar stuff to the GME tour, Steve in the new home footie tshirt, Nicko wearing a silly beanie hat and sunglasses!

So,WD over and the CIPWM cover shoots across the portcullis. I thought "WTF" but it was surprisingly good. Then the Trooper which was fairly routine with the guitarists taking the usual line all in the front and Bruce waving the enormous Union Jack above Nicko's drumkit.

So,the 1st three songs and I was feeling as if it was waiting to catch fire. Bruce then talked about the new album for a bit, the whole arena went black and he said "So, onto the DANCE of DEATH". Lights eventually came on and Bruce was sitting on a throne high on the lefthand rampart, in a beautiful dark red robe and one of the masks that the girl in the booklet wears in the final page. We managed to start up a chorus of "Whoah-Oohing" during the beginning and come to think of it, the whole concert was a bit of a "Whoah" fest!

Bruce began to, unsurprisingly, dance and prance about the castle, but the tempo of the song was kept true to the album. The much derided "rapping" part was kept in time, cheers Nicko, and the whole song was excellent. Bruce made a hilarious return after the solos in a full length black shiny robe which looked more like a bin liner He then put over another mask over the one he was already wearing, so the comic element remained.

After this finished, thunder and rain started to pour down. The lights signalled chunks of light as it 'rained' down on stage. Then Dave rips into Rainmaker - OMG, absolutely amazing. The crowd loved it, in my top three highlights.

That gorgeous serene blue light lit up Dave for Brave New World next- love that light,so beautiful. Great rendition.

And on to the centrepiece....Paschendale. Wow! Utterly inspired stuff. It began with a new piece of artwork shooting across the castle, which depicted the battle scene in the trenches. People erected fences with barbed wire and dead bodies across them, then the bombs and canons started for about 1 minute a la One by Metallica. Bruce then read this amazing poem with feeling and conviction. Not sure who wrote it as i'm not really into poetry but I would hazard a blind guess at Siegfreid Sassoon. The song begins and the crowd sit back, listen, then go full pelt for it. Great stuff,worked perfectly live. Bruce donned a battle helmet and full length trenchcoat. Really powerful imagery and scenery. All solos top notch.

So after such an incredible 10 minutes,what could possibly follow that? LORD OF THE FUCKING FLIES of course! What a comedy moment. A few of us thought it was Gates of Tomorrow, and it took me about 2 minutes to register that Bruce was actually singing "Saints and Sinnnnerrs'...!". Badly. He fucked up the lyrics terribly but I've actually got it on now, like it, and I must say I was pleasantly surprised.

Separate point- what I hadn't fathomed was that when Steve said "We'll be playing A FEW songs which we haven't played for a while",they would play only two. ONLY TWO! And arguably the worst songs on SSoaSS and X-FACTOR! Unbelievable.

Anyway, getting back to the point, after that pile of poo finished, it was onto Hallowed. Well, Nicko's unmistakeable count in for Hallowed Be Thy Name was actually dispensed with for No More Lies. They made a bit of a cock up I think and got the order the wrong way round. NML was quality, brilliant live song and another highlight which somehow rescued the set. Eddie came out as a reaper during H's solo and stayed for a few minutes,but no scythe in his hands

Then the set disappeared into predictability. Hallowed, then Fear (Christ,how many songs over 7 minutes??) and Iron Maiden. I am so bored of the first two but they do work live. It was during Fear which I had some fun. I got emersed into an argument with some girl who was standing next to me during BNW about singing the Whoah-Oh parts (she had told me to shut up), and then she proceeded to head bang as violently as possible. Now i'm all for long hair but it's slightly annoying in a packed gig when someone repeated slaps you across your face with their long braids. Silly twat. So, during Fear i decided to "Whoad-Oh" as loudly and as badly out of tune as possible in her ear. Her reaction? More slappage with her hair. Oh well,at least we knew where each other stood. I still maintain it's poor gig-etiquette though !

Bruce shouted "Bring on the reaper" during IM and an enormous eddie emerged from the open gate in the castle above Nicko's head.This time he had his scythe and was wearing a remarkable hood. HE unfolded his arms and started jesticulating and shoving his sythe in all directions.

So to the encore. The band emerges with acoustic guitars, Bruce gives a bit of chat, then Journeyman. It was very good altho the crowd sort of sat around half-assed not knowing what to do. So as i typed out the predictable end on my mobile to Polish Eddie: NOTB, 2MtM, RttH, I was shocked when even 2Mins was ommitted. I mean FFS, absolutely nothing from Powerslave, Somewhere in Time AND Killers, yet the only two "suprises" were Can I play with Madness and Lord of the Effing Flies! A bitter-sweet end to an otherwise superb showcasing of the new songs from DoD.

The atmosphere was good,but I think people were slightly underwhelmed and disappointed that only 15 songs were played, most of them very long and not enough variation. Yes the sound wasn't very good, yes the band can't be expected to find their feet in the first gig and a few things buggered up, timing and the like, but I couldn't help feeling a pang of disappointment. Never mind eh? At least they did play 6 new songs and these were quality so what am i complaining about?

Man-of-Match: Bruce, 9. On superb form, full of enthusiasm and energy and great to see him embrace the new songs so well."

:x
where is montsegur ?????
i don't understand he put a castle on stage and he don't play monsegur??
it's like if Bruce waving the enormous Union Jack on can i play with madness !!!
i'm very sad :(

I'm just so psyched about hearing the new songs and seeing the new set that i wouldnt even mind. Personally i love CIPWM and LOTF, great tunes if you ask me and im dying to hear Bruce's rendition of LOTF.

My only complaint is the short setlist--they could have added Monstegur and Age of Innocence or a real surprise like Powerslave or Alexander the Great. Let me tell you, if those two were in the set the crowd would go fucking ballistic!

I am happy to see some of the more routine songs go. Hallowed, Trooper and IM are untouchable classics, but thankfully stuff like the dreadfully overplayed TMTM and Wrathchild were ommitted, which is a surprising and welcome change.

The setlist isnt terrible, its a actually a pretty cool one if you ask me. Its the just that there is the potential for it to be better. But so what. Its Iron fucking Maiden after all!! :fist:

yeah, im pretty pleased with it, but it indeed could be so much better.

I really can't wait for CIPWM LOL its going to be so fun!!! :banana:

MaidenMadness said:
as i bought x fatcor only today i must say LOTF RULZ. it should be in there totally

I totally agree that LOTF rules and ohers from TXF, but the fans dont want to be in this tour setlist. I think they are tired or dont want them.
Anyway, they want more DoD songs than others IMO.

Ok, even if I think it's quite an old news...
They added WRATCHILD as second song, I just come back from Milan's concert yesterday evening..
You can complain about the setlist if you like to, but it flows so well live.. and prepare to lose your voice with No More LIEEEEEESSSSS
They're greeeeat!!!

Byez

Luke The Duke said:
Ok, even if I think it's quite an old news...
They added WRATCHILD as second song, I just come back from Milan's concert yesterday evening..
You can complain about the setlist if you like to, but it flows so well live.. and prepare to lose your voice with No More LIEEEEEESSSSS
They're greeeeat!!!

Byez

well not all of us shall be seeing maiden. :oops: i have no money to go abroad. i'll have to settle with deep purple concert

Well, I was at the Frankfurt show last night and Bruce being sick sure hurt the performance. :(

Anyway, about the setlist...I know they can't please everyone BUT...CIPWM?? Sorry, but that song blows. Also, Journeyman as the first encore was a real buzz-kill...way too slow, way too long and pretty much boring. Face in the Sand would've been a much better choice in my opinion.

I think the setlist is great.A very nice mix of classics and new songs.I think it will work very well live :bananallama:

It's an OK setlist.
Could be better, but people have been bitching about it long enough!
Just glad I got at ticket for their Copenhagen-gig! :banana:

Back