British Metal Invasion!!

The British Steelers have made their welcomed return to my state and this time to the city of Lowell where I have realtives and strong roots. It was my first show in Lowell and it was full of surprises. Anthrax was the opening band, but I can't remember their setlist because I'm not familiar with all of their songs. I was always into them to some extent but I'm heavily into them now, especially after seeing them perform last night witht the original lineup. They kicked ass. The next band was none other than the great Judas Priest. I wasn't even expecting to see them again this year but they came back much sooner than I anticipated and this show was general admission! They played two surprises I wasn't even expecting to hear at all (Solar Angels and Desert Plains), and they also played my favorite song on A.O.R, Worth Fighting For. They didn't play it the last time. They also played some songs that I wasn't expecting to hear again live which was a major added bonus. One of those songs was I'm A Rocker, one of my all time favortie Priest songs. These guys are phenomenal and it's always great to see them. After the show, I decided to spend the night in Lowell and I'm glad I did because I had a throbbing headache, I was tired, my hometown was 2 hours away, my tires are almost bald, and it was raining. I spent the night at the picturesque haunted house that my grandmother owns. It's not really haunted but it looks spooky, sort of like the ones you see in horror movies and childrens' books, and it's very old. I call it the House of Metal because I've blasted all kinds of metal there in the past and I spent the night there after the Priest show. My grandmother doesn't live there, she just owns it. I sat through 4 separate traffic jams on the way up but it was well worth it and I didn't miss a thing. Parking was cheap too. It's always great to see Judas Priest, and I can honestly say that they sound better live than in the studio in my opinion. Anyways, here's the setlist in full but not in order:

The Hellion/Electric Eye
Solar Angels
Riding on The Wind
Judas Rising
Revolution
Touch of Evil
I'm A Rocker
Diamonds and Rust
Worth Fighting For
Turbo Lover
Beyond The Relams of Death
Breaking The Law
Painkiller
Hellrider
Desert Plains
Living After Midnight
Victim of Changes (with an extended solo by Glenn Tipton)
You've Got Another Thing Commin'

MaidenMadness said:
sounds like you had a blast
I sure did. That was my third time seeing Judas Priest and my fourth time seeing Rob Halford live. The first time I saw him live was with his own band when they opened up for Queensryche and Iron Maiden on the BNW Tour.

Back