2006 - great year for sports - Hockey thread

MaidenMadness

we have world cup in football
if there's anything better than world cup in football it's the ice hockey olympic tournament(which is about only time we get hockey on tv here not counting odd times they show wc in hockey on tv :cry: )

for you non hockey fans olympic tournament in hockey has what 7 teams all which are more or less equal contenders for the title
if brazil in dream team in footballing world
then in hockey world we have:
canada, usa, russia, finland, sweden, czech republic, slovakia which has very talented players as well

with nhl players playing in it again for the third olympics in a row :banana:
we're in for a great tournament
:banana:

eventhough i rarely get chance to see ice hockey here i consider myself a hockey fan
fell in love with the game during olympic tournament in nagano 98
the reason - i saw the "russian rocket" pavel bure in action :)
god damn i still remember the way he passed numminen in a russia - finland game

i like hockey on ice but, unfortunately you don't have any players strong in France to practice in high ground :( the most famous team in France is the Rouen's team called, les dragons rouges and many of them play in french team too :|

Frenchy said:
i like hockey on ice but, unfortunately you don't have any players strong in France to practice in high ground :( the most famous team in France is the Rouen's team called, les dragons rouges and many of them play in french team too :|
same thing with croatia really
our strongest team is medvescak
the players do their best, but they're not really talented
what i fail to understand however is this
when you look at the percentange of tickets sold you can conclude that croatians are more interested in hockey than in football(which is not true of course)
but still when they can see that there is interest in hockey and still we get hockey on tv here like once a year...IF
in newspapers nhl gets about 5 to 6 lines every 2 or 3 days most of them naming just results from those 2 or 3 days
despite the interest there is little publicity it gets and that makes me sad :|

Back