20 Years from now????

#1
Well, as Cyrus keeps on calling me old, I might as well post a thread about old age. My question is this..........

In, say, 20 years, what do you guys honestly think about how Maiden will be perceived? Will they be seen as a classic band, whose albums are still bought by the metallers of the future? I don't know what to think really. I mean I'd like to think it would happen, but I keep getting a horrible image in my head.....

Picture the scene...kids are growing up and reach the age where you feel the need to teach em in the ways of musical righteousness. You think "Maiden it is then", you put it on, and they laugh, shouting

"Dad, what's this shite, it sounds so dated it's untrue" I don't think their classic albums sound dated now (POM, NOTB etc), but who knows what it will sound like in 20-30 years?

Thanks for listening - didn't dare post this on the Maiden BB, it would be all "Miadn ROOLZ 4 EVR dood"

:banana:
 
#2
true quality lives on regardless of time. look simon & garfunkel, pink floyd, black sabbath and if you will mozart, beethoven......etc. ppl still buy and listen to their work, maybe not as much as when they were composing/recording but they are still remembered and no matter what ppl think abt iron maiden one thing can't be denied and that is that maiden are a living legend, one of the bands that founded and established metal music and cause of it they will be remebered always.
 
#5
MaidenMadness said:
true quality lives on regardless of time. look simon & garfunkel, pink floyd, black sabbath and if you will mozart, beethoven......etc. ppl still buy and listen to their work, maybe not as much as when they were composing/recording but they are still remembered and no matter what ppl think abt iron maiden one thing can't be denied and that is that maiden are a living legend, one of the bands that founded and established metal music and cause of it they will be remebered always.
I totally agree!...Maiden will never be forgotten
 
#6
that depends on location, in US kids will listen to a "new" form of rap which will be even more annoying. But hopefuly people won't forget about maiden/metal in general.
I also don't think maiden will be glorious, in 20 years they will be old.
 
#7
People who are fans of Rock music in general will remember them as a great band, as one of the greatest. They are already considered Metal gods and the genre of Metal may have changed somewhat over time (there may even be more incarnations of Metal in the future) but Maiden is always there. How many other Metal bands have stuck around as long? Very few. Maiden are in a league of their own. :evil:
 
#9
Like MaidenMadness wrote: true quality lives on regardless of time. Maiden have been around for 30 years and are still making great music. People won´t forget that easily. Good music like this will always stick around.
 
#10
what if the world is gone in 20 30 years :(

hay but look on the bright side then we will be with maiden :D

anyway they are classed as the kings of british heavy metal :edmetal:
 
#11
Guys, Maiden will live forever, I know what you mean by when you say it could get out dated, but I'm still a youngin, started listening to maiden when I was a wee little lassie, in 20 years, I'm hopeing to have a radio station totally devoted to maiden, you may say not possible, but hey, with money, anythings possible, if you think about it really, I'll have all the seniors listening to my station ... that, would rock, see in 20 years, Ill be in my thirties, and still rocking on, so no matter what the rest of the world says MAIDEN WILL LIVE ON... and probably longer than we shall think, I know I will raise me children on Maiden and all good metal bands, I dont care if they dont like it.... they'll hear it when I'm prenant with them, they'll end up singing along with me in the car when were driving to one of thier concerts :cry: if they're still mobile....... soo I shall state my promise here Maiden will never leave my heart, they made me who I am today, and I will let them live on, I'll have lyrics all over my cofin if worse came to worse, so live and let live, LIVE ON MAIDEN
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
hahaha my army of bancing banana's
 
#12
And guys who really gives if alot of ppl don't like them, where I live now, I have three people in my school who like them! but haha since I'm a deejay for the dances here, they always get peices of maiden, and the funny thing is, they dont even know its maiden, and they walk up saying how much they like the song, and then when I tell them what it is, there all shockedthat "Iron Maiden plays good music?" well, no shite eh....... :withstupid: well, I thought I'd put that in as well
 

Tyke

New Member
#13
Hey GingerNinja :)
Don't worry man, take into consideration that Maiden's debut album is 24 years old now and people are STILL buying it, discovering it and listening to it. So your scenario has already happened, in a way ;)

Also, the examples given above (Black Sabbath, Simon and Garfunkel, Led Zep, The Beatles, etc...) prove that true quality will always be appreciated. And Maiden IS quality, just look objectively at their album sales and fanbase worldwide. :p

Cheers
 
#14
Maiden are the pioneers of heavy metal as long as they dont sell out like metallica did, then defintily they will be with me till im dead- From a 16 yo.
 
#15
ginger ninja said:
Well, as Cyrus keeps on calling me old, I might as well post a thread about old age. My question is this..........

In, say, 20 years, what do you guys honestly think about how Maiden will be perceived? Will they be seen as a classic band, whose albums are still bought by the metallers of the future? I don't know what to think really. I mean I'd like to think it would happen, but I keep getting a horrible image in my head.....

Picture the scene...kids are growing up and reach the age where you feel the need to teach em in the ways of musical righteousness. You think "Maiden it is then", you put it on, and they laugh, shouting

"Dad, what's this shite, it sounds so dated it's untrue" I don't think their classic albums sound dated now (POM, NOTB etc), but who knows what it will sound like in 20-30 years?

Thanks for listening - didn't dare post this on the Maiden BB, it would be all "Miadn ROOLZ 4 EVR dood"

:banana:
Although to all sensible, tasteful people Maiden will always be brilliant! However, Maiden have never appealed to the popular massive as it were and probably never will, but to all real lovers of metal they will be the best!

:edmetal:
 
#16
clansman said:
what if the world is gone in 20 30 years :(

hay but look on the bright side then we will be with maiden :D

anyway they are classed as the kings of british heavy metal :edmetal:


kings of metal surely?no-one touches them in terms of pure metal.
 
Top