Maiden played 2 gigs on 24/05/1981 !!!!!!

ead666

Did you know that Maiden played 2 gigs in Tokyo the 24/05/1981 ? One on the afternoon, and one on this evening.

I'd like to know if some of you have more infos ..
We know 2 boots from this date : The Big Heat and Sun Plaza, Maiden Japan. Are these 2 boots really the same or one is taken from the afternoon show and the other from the evening gig ???

Thanx for you help !

Ead666

Robert Skoog has this info:

Tokyo Nakano Sun Plaza Hall Japan 1981.05.24 Afternoon Show
Tokyo Nakano Sun Plaza Hall Japan 1981.05.24 Evening Show

He has listed same venue for both shows.

I always assumed I had the Tokyo May 24th show on cd but now I've received what I was told to be the Nagoya May 23rd show but it's the same cd I already had?.....can anyone help me out so that I know which is the correct date that I have?

wrathchild69 said:
I always assumed I had the Tokyo May 24th show on cd but now I've received what I was told to be the Nagoya May 23rd show but it's the same cd I already had?.....can anyone help me out so that I know which is the correct date that I have?

The only known bootleg from 23rd may in Nagoya is a fake ....

Maiden also played two gigs at the Rainbow London on the 21.12.1981

This was the show that was filmed for the Live at the Rainbow video. They played the whole gig, then realised that something had gone wrong, so they played the whole show again. The 1st show is available as an audio bootleg but there is no recording of the 2nd show, I doubt it was ever recorded as a taper would not have brought enough tapes :D

I never knew about the two shows in Tokyo though

ead666 said:
The only known bootleg from 23rd may in Nagoya is a fake ....
That's also the date that the Maiden Japan sleeve says the 5 tracks were recorded, so there are technically 5 songs available.

Back